Future Corp creates digital experiences, platforms and tools for culture and the people defining it. We are a small and close-knit international team that is particularly interested in creating products that are performant, innovative and original.
Our creative growth is accelerated by a company culture where challenging and constantly iterating upon internal processes and workflows is encouraged. Everyone at Future Corp actively contributes to the company’s future.
We work across sectors from cultural institutions, luxury fashion houses, crypto startups and global production agencies to create, celebrate or transform their digital offerings, whether that is an omni-channel e-commerce platform, a new experimental experience or digital/social media strategy, our work spans as wide a range as our clients.
Future Corp works in a collaborative way, with each project having a bespoke team assembled for it — whether it be copywriters, illustrators, developers, art directors or social media consultants. Likewise, we are often brought in by leading design studios such as Made Thought, Zak Group, Bibliothèque, Pentagram and Veronica Ditting to work with them on the digital components of their client’s projects.
Some of our clients include MoMA, The xx, Wallpaper*, Manolo Blahnik, Magnum Photos, Palm Angels, Moncler and more.
We’re currently looking for a full-time digital designer to join our growing team.
You might be a young designer with experience working in-house or in agencies, looking to work on projects with more profile.
Or you might be looking to take the step up into a more senior role, with more responsibility and autonomy. We will take a look at each candidates potential individually.
We require a motivated and organised designer who cares about interactive design as much as we do, who has a point of view about their work and who strives to create experiences that people have never seen before. Our ideal candidate is also passionate about best practices and will ensure that what we create is as intuitive and robust as possible.
Your personality is just as important as your skillset, with every team member actively contributing to a positive, collaborative atmosphere.
- Work on the information architecture, user experience and user interface design for a wide range of digital projects, from single page holding sites to full e-commerce solutions.
- Collaborate directly with our Creative Director, Art Directors, Developers and Producer as well as the equivalent from our partners.
- Produce static and animated concepts, wireframes, designs, prototypes and specifications.
- Develop concepts, presentation decks, storyboards and style guides to visualise ideas and communicate them effectively to the team and our clients.
- Develop production specifications and obtain estimates from our partners.
- Assist in workshops, stakeholder meetings, client communication and client presentations.
- Help us estimate timings, costs, scope and delivery of projects with the Producer, Creative Director and wider team.
- Maintain awareness of project progress and risks throughout its lifecycle with the Producer.
- Carry out quality assurance testing and documentation for each project.
- Consistently research new tools, technologies, innovations, trends and best practice.
- You are bright, enthusiastic, hard-working, excited by new challenges, and proactive.
- You are pragmatic and have excellent time management skills.
- You can embrace unexpected challenges and think on your feet, dealing with situations in a cool, calm and assured manner.
- You think about the bigger picture constantly while maintaining an eye on the finer details of a project.
- You are a positive and grounded individual. You appreciate that team morale and spirit is a large part of what makes a happy, productive studio environment.
- You are an articulate and honest communicator who can clearly express your thoughts and opinions to the team and our clients in a constructive manner.
- You have a natural habit to analyse, question and improve workflows, and you enjoy being able to quickly implement changes to internal processes, democratically with the team, for more efficient, sustainable and happier projects.
- You are culturally aware and up to date with developments in digital design.
- You ideally have some technical knowledge and experience with web development or at minimum have knowledge of processes and frameworks, and keep up with the changing web landscape.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong understanding of digital design, from UX to UI, typography to information hierarchy
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- We use Figma for the majority of our design workflows (wireframing, prototyping, client feedback and more). If you have experience with Adobe XD or Sketch, you will be expected to move into our Figma workflows.
We are also interested in people who might have experience or skills in one or all of the below:
- Motion Design: Premiere Pro and/or After Effects
- 3D: Cinema 4d, Blender, Maya, …
- Next level aptitude in typography, knowledge of type foundries and type design.
- Development experience from playful microsite sites using JS or larger projects using modern frameworks like React or Vue.
- Employment: Full time
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am — 6pm
- Location: Future Corp is transitioning from London after 12 years. Currently, we are working remotely but, once safe, will be moving into our new co-working studio space in Paris.
- Application Deadline: May 15th 2021
- Starting Date: ASAP
How to apply
We strongly believe that the best work is created by diverse teams, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please send your CV(PDF), a portfolio of work (URL or PDF) and a cover letter(PDF) to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Digital Designer – [Your Name]’.
Your portfolio should show at least one project from concept to completion accurately describing your role for each project. In your cover letter please let us know why you’d like to join Future Corp and how you think we could mutually facilitate each other’s growth.