About the Role
Nowadays (formerly known as 3angrymen Productions) are growing and we’re looking for an editor to join us on our mission to make films that matter. We produce a variety of content and ads for organisations including the NSPCC, The Guardian, Schroders, HSBC, Scouts UK, Cuisinart, Samaritans and Girlguiding.
In over 15 years of filmmaking we’ve become experts in producing films that marry a highly collaborative and resourceful approach with imaginative, emotionally intelligent storytelling.
We are looking for an Editor & Colourist to join our in-house team, to help us cut great content - whether that’s a charity TVC, an internal comms film for an international bank or a short branded documentary for a national charity.
At any one time, you will be working on multiple edits, consulting with our producers and directors and managing the post-production from ingest to delivery. As well as working on your own projects, you’ll be asked to take part in crit sessions and contribute creatively to the wider output of the company.
Who We’re Looking For
You must be an imaginative and fastidious editor who can offer up ideas and bring fresh perspectives to projects. You need to be great at both cutting and grading our films and will need to know Adobe Premiere (edit) and Davinci Resolve (grade) inside out, capable of turning edits around quickly under pressure.
As part of a small team, you will need to be comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone and learning new skills. You need to be confident in your taste and unafraid to challenge your teammates creatively - enthusiastic, considerate, resourceful and resilient at all times.
Essential Skills & Requirements
Successful candidates will:
- be excited about editing a variety of content
- have minimum 3 years relevant professional editing/grading experience
- be an extremely well organised and proactive planner
- be comfortable articulating your ideas and interpreting feedback
- have excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premier, and Davinci Resolve
- have impeccable written and spoken English
Ideally the candidate will also
- have experience creating commercially focused work
- have experience working within a production company or creative agency
- be a keen follower of the production / creative / advertising industry
October / November 2022