We're looking for a new designer to join our team and deliver beautiful and practical UX and UI designs.
Inktrap is an independent product design and development team based in London, with clients ranging from tech startups to multinational businesses. We create brilliant digital products with a focus on UX/UI design and front-end development.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative process, supportive environment and practical approach. Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about delivering quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
About the role
We're looking for a Digital Product Designer to join our team and deliver beautiful and practical UX and UI designs.
Here's some examples of the sort of thing you'd be doing day-to-day:
- Designing a new user interface for a web app
- Working directly with a client to understand how we can best meet their user's needs
- Sketching out wireframes, screen maps and user flows as part of a client workshop
- Providing constructive, actionable feedback on a junior team member's work
- Reviewing designs for accessibility issues
- Creating an interactive prototype to test a user flow with a target user
- Collaborating with a developer to ensure designs are implemented to a high standard
- Presenting something you've learned back to the team as part of our weekly design chat
- Representing design at Inktrap in a meeting with a potential client
What we're looking for
We hire people who are considerate, enthusiastic, and really care about having a positive impact on the people who use our products.
For this role we're looking for people who:
- Have at least 2 years experience in a digital agency or tech startup environment
- Have practical experience designing large digital products with Figma or Sketch
- Understand how to implement user-centered design principles in real world situations
- Care deeply about producing designs that have a positive impact on users
- Are interested in mentoring junior team members and helping to improve their skills
- Are proficient at communicating the reasoning behind their work and providing feedback to others
We know our team isn't diverse enough at the moment and we're actively trying to change this. No matter who you are, if you're a good fit for the role we want to hear from you.
Team and benefits
Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about creating quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
We're a calm and collaborative company, and we value our team. Our benefits include:
- Varied work on a range of interesting projects and services
- Flat structure with no ego, and lots of autonomy
- 27 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours (most of the team do 9:30am to 6pm)
- No overtime, ever
- Annual budget for conferences, books and other resources to help develop your skills
- Up-to-date Mac with admin rights and any other equipment you need
- £35-43k, dependent on your level in our progression framework
Learn more about what it's like to work at Inktrap at inktrap.co.uk/join