Who are TheTin?
TheTin is a leading London & Newcastle based digital agency with an established team and an experienced overall workforce. We are a tight-knit group of creative people that have been operating for 20 years, producing fantastic, innovative work with an emphasis on creative, forward-thinking ideas.
Because of the way we work together, we’ve adapted quickly and proactively to the current situation. This has been achieved using collaborative technology and strong communication and we will continue with remote working environments for the foreseeable future.
As a result, we have a number of global, big-name clients and constantly encourage each other to be on the leading edge of our craft. Our ‘Tinnovation’ events enable each of our functions to present our in-house R&D projects and knowledge we acquire alongside guest speakers. Furthermore, our 1-2-1s between people managers and staff focus on constant improvement and feedback on your career development.
Central to the agency's strong, creative digital vision, we are now looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to work with our growing team in the UK to deliver awesome products and services. Traditionally based in London and Newcastle, our teams are all currently working remotely, and we will retain flexible working once we reopen our offices.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior UX/UI designer to work with our creative team, you will ideally be based within comfortable commuting distance of either Central London or Newcastle. If you’re looking to develop your skills on a diverse range of projects within an ideas driven team, this one’s for you.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a ton of digital and UX experience, with a portfolio and references to prove it. You’ll be bright, ambitious and thrive working in a collaborative environment alongside other creatives, developers, strategists and a lovely team of passionate PMs, who drive the projects forward.
In this role, you’ll get the opportunity to show your passion for creativity and technology, deliver exceptional experiences, stand up for your work and your teams and inspire both the team and their clients.
Responsibilities of this role
- Lead the design team on fast paced projects
- Lead UX/UI design and deliver award winning creative digital communications.
- Be user focused and consistently mindful of the business requirements in your approach to all design
- Feed in to R&D experiments, insights and thought leadership in our Tinnovation sessions
- Support and mentor designers in the team
- Present work to clients and prospects by clearly presenting and communicating design rationale and technical aspects of a project
- Handle several projects at one time
- Work both individually and as part of a larger team
- Lead, inspire and motivate the design team and others in the studio
- Challenge how things are done and always look for a unique way to bring brands to life in a digital environment
- Direct and design seamless UX across all devices by designing for mobile, tablet and desktop
- Communicate and collaborate with developers to ensure the integrity of the design is retained
- Provide colleagues and clients with best practice digital design advice
- Participate in TheTin’s development, values and culture as a key member of the senior team
- Comprehensive skills in Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite
- 8+ years experience in design
- Experience and understanding of HTML and CSS
- Passionate about design and stays ahead of the curve on digital design developments and best practices
- Creative and ideas driven
- A strong leader and mentor.
- Able to influence and inspire a team of creatives
- Agency experience
- Exceptional layout, typography and design skills
- Meticulous, organised and able to multitask
- Incredible attention to detail. Your work and that of the designers you lead, is fully critiqued/fit for purpose from commercial, client and creative/technical perspectives.
- Experience with Illustration, Animation and After Effects would be advantageous
TheTin is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.