We are Poppins, a young London-based branding and digital creative agency, focused on building beautiful identities and delivering impeccable digital products. We believe in our work because we truly love what we do, priding ourselves on striking emotional chords with our clients and demonstrating a passion for truly great design. We’re just getting going here in London, but we have big plans, and this is the chance to be part of a company that’s growing rapidly in size and reputation.
About the role
We’re looking for a Designer with 3+ years of experience to join our flourishing studio. As part of our team, you'll be integral to the day-to-day operation of the business, with the potential to help impact the studio as we grow.
You'll be working on projects spanning a wide range of disciplines, being exposed to design challenges across digital and print. Our work is ideas based and strategic, so your primary job will be to push design forwards — with brilliant creative ideas, amazing design and craft skills, and clear, rational thinking.
You'll be expected to...
- You can deliver ideas & concepts that combine a creative and strategic understanding
- You think beyond the logo, providing well-rounded brand identity systems
- You see challenges as opportunities.
- You think digitally, creating brands that feel as much at home online as they do in print
- You have an eye for detail, with solid craftsmanship and technical understanding
- You will be great at organising and prioritising yours and others’ workload
- You can articulate your ideas to the wider team with clarity and confidence
As a small, growing team, our culture is very important to us. We're underpinned by values of creativity, integrity, quality and care. The studio is small and fast-paced so you'll need a good sense of humour, an open mind, and a work ethic in line with our ambition to create world-class work. We're a social bunch too – so we're looking for someone who's as comfortable working hard on a pitch as they are enjoying a post-work pint.
- A portfolio full of strong conceptual ideas that are executed to the highest standard
- A passion for all things branding and digital
- 3+ years of experience (preferably with brand-led creative agencies)
- A high level of accuracy and obsessive attention to detail
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude
- Knowledge of print and digital design best practices (animation is a big bonus)
- Awareness of current design trends and new ways of working
- Excellent communication skills
- A proactive appetite for learning new skills
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Generous holidays (including your birthday)
- Joining a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Working with a fun, highly-motivated team where there's never a dull moment
How to apply
Send your portfolio and covering note to email@example.com. Please use the subject title 'mid-weight design role'.