Wool and the Gang’s story began in 2007 with our founders Lisa Sabrier, Aurelie Popper and Jade Harwood. These three fashion industry rebels wanted to make knitting cool again and provide an antidote to fast fashion. And so, the first digitally-native craft brand was born, selling DIY fashion kits for the modern maker.
15 years later, we’ve come a long way from our first stitch. Now a part of the global DMC group (fancy, shmancy), we’re part of a top notch team revolutionising the big bad world of needlecrafts. Our mission is to inspire the next generation of makers, and we’ve created a crafty plan to get the whole world stitching:
- Premium, planet-friendly yarns. We travel the world to source fibres with a soul that don't cost the earth.
- We’ve made learning to stitch as easy as A, B, C with our easy to follow patterns and hundreds of handy tutorials.
- Connect makers in every corner of the world with our fast growing knitwork of over 1 million. You can join in the fun at #woolandthegang
About the role
The Midweight Graphic Designer plays a key role as they act as one of the guardians of the brand. Working very closely with the Group Art Director, their focus is to conceptualise, design, execute and collaborate on creative concepts and deliverables to support our digital team and communications throughout the year. Aside from this, they manage campaigns and the junior designer and freelancer workflow within these, work on graphics for offline material such as packaging, potential POS as well as marketing, social media and PR assets. They keep WOOL AND THE GANG looking sharp, interesting and amazing.
It's all about team spirit at WOOL AND THE GANG and we believe our culture is perfect for fostering and nurturing talent. We have a broad range of initiatives to grow and inspire our team, we want to shape, grow and feed talent to give it the wings to become the future of our industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design assets for both digital and offline material
- Work closely and collaboratively with all WATG teams to drive and deliver our very busy agenda.
- Design across multiple channels from E-Com, Digital Marketing, Paid Marketing Channels, Organic Social, PR and more.
- Conceptualise, Design and deliver small to major campaigns across all our channels
- Conceptualise and bring fresh ideas to the table to support Business As Usual and new and global launches.
- Be involved with core Business As Usual in-house projects and work closely with the New Product Development stream
- Contribute to art direction for small to larger photoshoots and/or other type of content
- Organised planner of workload - including managing Freelance Designers and the delivery of large campaigns across multiple stakeholders
- In time be capable of managing workflow for the junior graphic designer to ensure they work on a variety of projects and are coached and developed to deliver to their maximum potential
A strong interest in fashion and craft, you are an original and versatile team player with a passion for graphics and art direction (typography, composition, image-making, layout...) for digital/E-Com and print experiences. We want a proactive designer who is switched on, attentive to detail, highly creative and eager to become ambassadors of their craft and help us design the next phase of WATG's visual identity.
Key Skills and Behaviours
- Substantial experience of a similar role within a D2C business
- Proven evidence of Creative Thinking tailored to meet commercial objectives
- Design Excellence and Expertise in both Digital and Print
- Experience in providing Art Direction on smaller projects
- Proficiency in Adobe creative suite and other editing software
- Ability to sketch and visualise ideas
- Organised mind and ability to provide structure and solution to projects
- Collaborative working
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both creative and non creatives stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Hybrid Working - 2 days working from the office, 3 days from home
- Staff Discount
- 25 days holiday equivalent
- Regular team lunches and events
- Bike to work scheme
- Paid volunteer days
How to apply
Email CV and Portfolio to Group Art Director:
Ben Schwab, firstname.lastname@example.org