Who are TheTin?
TheTin is a leading London & Newcastle based digital agency with an established team and an experienced overall workforce. We are a tight-knit group of creative people that have been operating for 20 years, producing fantastic, innovative work with an emphasis on creative, forward-thinking ideas.
As a result, we have a number of global, big-name clients and constantly encourage each other to be on the leading edge of our craft. Our ‘Tinnovation’ events enable each of our functions to present our in-house R&D projects and knowledge we acquire alongside guest speakers. Furthermore, our 1-2-1s between people managers and staff focus on constant improvement and feedback on your career development.
Central to the agency's strong, creative digital vision, we are now looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to work with our growing team in the UK to deliver awesome products and services. Traditionally based in London and Newcastle, our teams are all working remotely, and we are remote first with an office in Soho.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior UX/UI designer to work with our creative team, based within comfortable commuting distance of either Central London or Newcastle. If you’re looking to develop your skills on a diverse range of projects within an ideas driven team, this one’s for you.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a ton of digital and UX experience, with a portfolio and references to prove it. You’ll be bright, ambitious and thrive working in a collaborative environment alongside other creatives, developers, strategists and a lovely team of passionate PMs, who drive the projects forward.
In this role, you’ll get the opportunity to show your passion for creativity and technology, deliver exceptional experiences, stand up for your work and your teams and inspire both the team and their clients.
Responsibilities of this role
- Work with the design team on fast paced projects
- Lead UX/UI design and deliver award winning creative digital communications
- Able to design and deliver digital-first solutions across a range of mediums, from websites to campaign assets
- User-focused and consistently mindful of client and business requirements in your approach to all design work
- Collaborate with the Strategy function and feed into the creation of user flows, user journeys and information architecture
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team
- Present work to clients/prospects whilst confidently communicating the design rationale and technical aspects of a project
- Handle several projects at one time
- Work both individually and as part of a larger team
- Lead, inspire and motivate the design team and others within the company
- Challenge how things are done and always look for a unique way to bring brands to life in a digital environment
- Work closely and align with seniors from different functions within the agency
- An expert in responsive design
- Communicate and collaborate with developers to ensure the integrity of the design is retained whilst being mindful of technical considerations
- Provide colleagues and clients with best practice advice
- Participate in TheTin’s development, values and culture as a key member of the senior team
- Feed in to R&D experiments, insights and thought leadership in our Tinnovation sessions
- Comprehensive skills in Sketch, InVision and Adobe Illustrator
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and After Effects
- Experience and understanding of HTML and CSS
- Proficient in developing user flows/journeys
- Exceptional layout, typography and illustration skills
- 1 year minimum experience at a Senior level
- A strong leader and mentor
- Agency experience
- Ability to work with new and existing brands and be confident in pushing their creative boundaries
- Able to influence and inspire a team of creatives
- Meticulous and organised
- Incredible attention to detail. Your work and that of the designers you lead, is fully critiqued & fit for purpose from commercial, client and creative/technical perspectives
Starting Salary: £43k - £53k dependant on experience and location.
Please keep an eye on your inbox and make sure you also check your spam folder. We will do our best to respond to all applicants.
We look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
Applications Process: Please head to the Workable link to submit your CV and portfolio.
Interview Process: The successful candidates will be contacted to arrange a short call to discuss the role and any questions you might have about the role or company. Second stage interviews will consist of a portfolio presentation focusing on UI and UX work.