The School of Life is devoted to developing emotional intelligence through the help of culture. We address such issues as how to find fulfilling work, how to master the art of relationships, how to understand one’s past, how to achieve calm and how better to understand, and where necessary change, the world.
Headquartered in London, we operate around the globe, delivering our services down a number of channels to suit different needs. We offer classes and therapies online. We also publish books, create films and make and sell a range of objects and tools that will assist you in the quest for a more fulfilled life. We also run a consulting and training service for businesses.
The focus of The School of Life’s in-house design team is the creative work for the company’s marketing, events and business services. As a Junior Designer you will be responsible for creating and art-working assets across each of these channels. Whilst the majority of your work will be digitally focused there may also be a demand for print.
As part of a small team your contribution will be key in ensuring the success of business goals and you will be hands-on with a number of projects from the offset. You will be supported by a Mid-weight and Senior Designer to mentor your growth and ensure that your skills and development are met with equal enthusiasm.
This will initially be a remote position with an iMac supplied to your home address; but please bear in mind you will be required to come to our London office (a short walk from Kings Cross) either daily or regularly – depending on our company policies once we are out of lockdown.
This is initially a short-term fixed contract of 4 months.
Reports to: Senior Designer and Head of Publishing & Product Development
Type of person we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate ideas verbally and visually
- Proactive, organised and have an avid attention to detail
- A fast learner who is able to work on a variety of projects at once, able to adapt to new requests quickly and efficiently
- Confidently contribute to the development of the brands visual output in meetings and brainstorms
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Design or related subject
- A strong knowledge of Adobe CC Suite InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of preparing files for a multitude of digital requirements as well as print
- Strong typographic, layout and design skills displayed through an impressive portfolio
- Experience in a similar professional role or internship would be a benefit but isn't essential
Start Date: As soon as possible.