Mid-Weight or Senior Designer
With the launch of a new agency initiative for sustainably focused science, technology and innovation start-ups launching in Q1 2023, we are seeking an ambitious mid-weight or senior designer to play a significant part in our exciting future that will also help our planet.
Your role will be to lead on creative projects – from ideation through to activation – using creativity, strategy, rationale and craft to execute meaningful solutions for both B2B and B2C clients across the world.
The successful candidate will have a proven history of strategic brand design, logo design and identity development. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with proven industry professionals in an award-winning agency and develop your own design skills and discipline.
Your day-today will include:
• Brand & identity design
• Digital / web design
• Typography, layout and traditional graphic design
• Editorial & publication design
• Design research & presentation development
• Concept development through to final production
• Liaising with clients and participating in client presentations
• Mentoring and support for other team members
Ascend Studio is a brand strategy and design consultancy based in Farringdon, London, established in 2006. We specialise in creating meaningful connections between brands and people; working historically across technology, arts & culture, lifestyle & leisure, professional services and entrepreneurial sectors for both B2B and B2C markets, nationally and internationally.
We are insight-led, taking an immersive approach through a proven methodology and robust process to translate that insight into clear, effective and impactful brand solutions and design systems. This creates uniquely positioned, differentiated brands – transforming businesses and creating value for customers and users. Our design is defined by this clear vision and is expressed through powerful concepts that are strategically led. We believe great organisations deserve outstanding design. We work to uncompromisingly high standards, helping meaningful organisations build brands that matter.
We are very busy, growing steadily and consistently winning new, exciting and diverse client work. With a small collaborative team of highly talented designers, we need someone proactive, articulate, approachable and punctual, who is keen to develop and is happy to fit into our design family.
The role is full-time and studio-based although some home working flexibility could be considered. We are based in Farringdon, London.
You will have:
• A proven history in the design industry
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe CC (Figma & After Effects skills an advantage)
• An intelligent approach to concept generation
• Attention to detail, focus and consistency
• Exceptional typographic and layout skills
• Passion for people and the planet
What we offer:
• Competitive salary with regular appraisals
• Profit share scheme paid annually
• Pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Secure bike storage and showers
• A friendly and passionate team
• Annual Xmas trip
Salary bands: Mid £30 - £40k / Senior £40 - £50k