Senior Creative Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Creative Designer to join our growing Creative team in London. You’ll be helping our in-house agency create impactful, recognisable and delightful marketing content, and in doing so, help millions of potential customers discover, get excited about, and use Wise.
The ideal candidate will be super ambitious, self-starting and looking to build upon their career within brand and marketing. They should also be looking to develop their people management skills.
We have something really important to tell the world – you can save lots of money using Wise. The problem? Well, money isn't the most exciting thing in the world is it? I mean, we're competing with dogs, babies and sea shanties out there. It's our job to make people listen. We let our imaginations run wild, thinking up crazy stories and metaphors to bring our messages to life. A bar chart showing a price comparison for money transfer services? Meh. A bar chart made out of lego on a running track for barefoot athletes to run across? Now we're talking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing within the Brand and Creative team:
- You’ll be working with an exceedingly talented team of Designers, Creatives, Video Producers and Copywriters from all over the world. They’re a great bunch of people, so be prepared to make friends, not just colleagues.
- Owning projects from start to finish, you’ll collaborate across many teams to come up with ideas, bring them to life, and follow up on performance.
- You’ll ship anything from OOH ads, to product launches, to ‘Bread War’ content on our social page (yeah, that’s a real thing). You name it, you’ll probably do it.
- You’ll level up our marketing design to even higher heights through your own creative work and skill training other Wisers.
- This role will involve managing a couple of more junior designers so you’ll be an energetic player/coach who’s ready to switch hats between hands-on work, and mentoring.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop: You’ll get to lead on a variety of complex projects, flex and strengthen your management muscle, and work with performance data to constantly improve design across marketing channels.
- Be creative: You’ll be a big part of our ever evolving look and feel, encouraged to push boundaries and bring innovation. You’ll be a respected brand guardian.
- Have real impact: You’ll join our exciting mission to make money without borders the new normal.
- You have a strong portfolio of high-impact, consumer-facing work that demonstrates great typographic, layout and technical skills across all things brand and marketing.
- You’re confident presenting and communicating your strong ideas to stakeholders.
- You’re strategic and solutions-focused. You understand the ‘why’ before diving head first into the creative pool.
- Organised and able to take ownership of complex projects, flex to different teams and prioritise to meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re analytical – you understand performance metrics and use them to iterate on designs.
- You have an eagle eye for detail and always give actionable critique in a kind, fair and empathetic way.
- You’re no stranger to mentoring and you’ve had experience managing one or two designers before.
- Of course you’re a wiz when it comes to Adobe Creative Suite. But we’re also looking for some solid skills in Figma (it’s great for collaborating).
- Bonus skills: A confident use of After Effects – we like to get things moving (literally and figuratively), so some animation skills would catch our eye! We also love to see work with illustration – whether that’s creating your own, or working with illustrated assets.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.