An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Motion Graphic Designer at The Conran Shop in London. We are a leading luxury design retailer offering a covetable edit of furniture, lighting, home accessories and gifts from some of the most respected and up-and-coming designers around the world.
In March last year, British businessman Javad Marandi OBE acquired the business from Sir Terence Conran with a vision to continue his legacy and ensure that his work and guiding principles endure for generations to come; this is a great moment in the history of our iconic brand, and we look ahead to a bright future.
About the Role
Working within our busy in-house Graphics team, you will play a leading role in creating animated content for online, social and in-store digital retail projects. You will also assist on various other graphic design projects working across press, marketing, e-commerce and PR. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating animated content for our home page, email and social media campaigns and large in-store digital displays
- Storyboarding and coming up with great innovative creative solutions
- Building animated GIFs
- A minimum of two years' experience
- A showreel of video and motion graphics animation design
- A portfolio of 2D design work
- A strong track record of working with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite, Blender, and Premiere Pro
- Understanding of Cinema 4D/Premiere for video editing
- Understanding of CMS platforms
- Strong design layout and typography skills
- Experience in designing social-first assets, knowledge of different dimensions and guidelines for other platforms
- An emphasis on visual detail, animation timing and clear storytelling
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident communication skills
- An organised and adaptable worker, managing a busy workload in a fast-paced environment
- HTML/CSS skills are an advantage
We welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond personally to every applicant, but if your profile is selected for the next stage of the recruitment process, we will contact you by email.