We’re looking for a talented motion designer to join us at what is an exciting time for us as an agency. We’re keen to find someone who is looking to take the lead on defining how we use motion to inspire our creativity and our clients. We have studios in both London and New York, and this role is based in our London studio in Sea Containers on the Southbank, where we all work and collaborate for at least 2 days a week. However, the studio is open and buzzing all week long!
What we’re looking for:
A mid–senior motion designer with 4+ years’ experience in a brand, design, or production studio. An expert in motion and its ability to transform the way a brand behaves.
Who we are:
We are a global brand agency based in London and New York using strategy, creativity, and design to build immersive brands. We have partnered with some of the world’s biggest companies, including LEGO, Huawei, American Express, Post Office, Merck, Nationwide, Tesco, Boots.
We’re the perfect balance of big and small. We’ve been working with brands for more than 45 years and have an impressive client portfolio. We’re also part of the Ogilvy network who we regularly collaborate with in both London and New York. We’re a friendly, down-to-earth team – backed by the creativity, resources, and influence of a global network.
What we believe:
How we’ve created brand identities in the past is not enough to meet the demands of today, we create Immersive Brands that think beyond 2D visual design and use sound, touch, sensory and behaviour. Motion plays an integral role in connecting these sensory experiences together, creating truly holistic brand experiences.
Who you are:
You are a genuinely curious, passionate creative, excited about motion design and the possibilities it brings to Immersive Branding. You are experimental, brave, and bold in your approach to problems - a conceptual thinker and storyteller, who understands how to turn brand strategy and design into motion systems. You are looking to inspire, lead and be a champion for motion design within the agency and to our partners.
What you do:
These are some of skills and experience we are looking for in this role:
• Always pushing boundaries to constantly challenge the level of output from yourself and our agency.
• You look for ways to invent and innovate, above following trends.
• Expert motion skills with a sense of timing, choreography, and an eye for finer nuances.
• Curious, passionate, and excited about motion design and the possibilities it brings to Immersive Branding.
• Confidence, experience, and flexibility to work across the entire process, from initial creative exploration to final delivery.
• Ability and confidence to work alone as well as part of a wider team to solve creative challenges.
• Experience, understanding and drive to create motion behaviours and systems that influence the entire immersive brand experience.
• Ability to embed conceptual thinking, motion principles and guidance into branding.
• Confident in presenting or explaining ideas to wider teams and clients.
• The desire to understand brand strategy and how it’s conveyed through all aspects of design with a focus on developing motion’s role in relation to it.
• A visual storyteller who’s comfortable planning, storyboarding, and realising films.
• Masterful understanding of After Effects, comfortable in C4D with good working knowledge of Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Experience with UI motion and prototypes would be an advantage ¬– Figma, Lottie and/or Spark AR.