Based from our Covent Garden office, this sought-after position requires the successful candidate to be the editorial ambassador for all Paul Smith communications; the main responsibility of this role is to position seasonal and campaign imagery alongside copy that supports the retail proposition and ultimately the purchase of product. The role will also include driving the editorial copy and tone of voice across all digital and offline marketing channels.
• Act as the key point between the Creative & Marketing team to align seasonal imagery with key promotional pushes across the website and offline touchpoints.
• Develop briefs for key seasonal moments to activate campaigns across the Paul Smith channels.
• Lead on all copywriting requirements across the Communications department including website editorial, marketing emails and POS as well as special projects.
• Work on social media content alongside the Digital team, delivering copy that articulates the creative and brand values as well as capturing the commercial elements.
• Develop engaging and customer focused copy that communicate the brand in the appropriate way and in the correct tone of voice.
• Work with the Head of Press to develop all Press Releases as required including Show, Campaign and special projects.
• Liaise with external contacts to build out content around key campaigns and special projects.
• Work with the Ecommerce team on content upload and developing on-site layout, presenting editorial page builds and homepage updates to the Art Director.
• Monitor performance of online content and optimise to increase engagement and reader interaction – page views, time on site, return visitors and revenue generated per story.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Proven experience of online/editorial copywriting and online content creation within the fashion/lifestyle industry.
• Previous demonstrated experience in web content management and content marketing.
• Exceptional copywriting skills and excellent command of the English language.
• Experienced in writing copy for email newsletters, digital advertising, SEO, online PR and blogger outreach.
• Able to interpret, write and use the correct ‘tone of voice’ for online channels.
• Ability to design aesthetically appealing web content that complements the individual Paul Smith brand.
• Advanced level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with clear and concise written and verbal communication.
• Highly systematic and well organised with the ability to prioritise own workload.
• A team player who is self-motivated, reliable and helpful, with the ability to build effective working relationships.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Flexible over working hours, to meet the needs of the business.
• A keen interest in fashion and knowledge of the international fashion and press market, current trends and media.
How to apply
Please apply online via the Paul Smith Careers page.