Since its foundation in 2007 It’s Nice That has become a trusted source of inspiration, championing the best of creativity online, in print and through our events. Winner of the Webby Award for Best Cultural Website 2020, we are a leading platform in the creative world reaching over 2 million people each month.
As well as covering inspirational work and projects, we harness our creative expertise to help brands communicate their messages and products to our creative audience. This takes the shape of display advertising, sponsored content, and bigger brand partnerships and sponsorships. We work with brands of all scales, from local start-ups through to bigger companies such as Google, Spotify and Apple. Across all our projects, we look to produce high-quality creative and editorial campaigns to truly engaged audiences across a variety of media platforms.
This exciting role is responsible for setting and delivering the creative vision across It’s Nice That and managing the creative team.
As the creative lead you will have an overview across all projects, from It’s Nice That editorial and brand projects (editorial commissioning, Nicer Tuesdays, regulars including Ones to Watch and Review of the Year) to brand partnerships and campaigns (recent clients include Mailchimp, Apple, Spotify, Dropbox).
The Creative Lead manages the creative team, currently made up of one senior creative, two midweights and one junior. The role will be required to manage, delegate, collaborate and support the growth of permanent creative team members as well as overseeing an ever growing network of freelance creatives and collaborators.
You will be required to be proactive, energised and organised, delivering large scale creative projects you are excited about. You will be collaborating closely with It’s Nice That team members and our creative network.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the creative industry, producing and delivering a variety of projects across a wide range of mediums. You will have experience of being able to push yourself and others creatively to achieve outstanding results.
The Lead Creative job role is currently in the senior band and we will look to develop the role into the Head-Of (Creative Director) role.
The ideal candidate
- Experienced at leading and managing a creative team.
- Experienced at developing ideas for creative projects, you know how to communicate an idea and gain buy in from a brand.
- Experienced at leading creative execution across a variety of mediums. You are an adaptable creative and regard yourself as having a multidisciplinary approach.
- An experienced creative collaborator. You have experience of collaborating with a breadth of creative disciplines and thrive within this process.
- Very knowledgeable of the creative industry, media companies and how they operate.
- Experienced and passionate about building and nurturing trusted relationships with clients, understanding their needs at every stage of a project.
- A great communicator, whether it be presenting to clients or briefing a project team internally.
- Positive and proactive when faced with problems and never fazed by a challenge.
- Happy to lean on your experience when making decisions. You trust your gut and you know when you require guidance but you don’t always need it.
- Creative quality is a key priority for you and you are always seeking opportunities to advance the quality of creative work whenever possible.
- Experienced at leading and managing other team members, keeping their fulfilment and development at the top of your priority list.
- Engaged and passionate about a variety of creative mediums and can connect the dots between an idea and an execution no matter what the medium is.
- Propose and deliver It’s Nice That’s creative vision and direction
- Lead the biggest commercial projects (brand partnerships and campaigns)
- Setup and oversee creative teams on projects
- Maintain and advance creative quality
- Maintain and develop business relationships, securing new business and ensuring future stability.
- Manage the creative team, set and review targets, gain improvements in performance
- Oversee and analyse the effectiveness of our creative work
- Maintain and improve a positive working culture
Tasks & Skills
- Understanding of It’s Nice That as a business
- Deliver the creative direction of It’s Nice That’s editorial and special projects
- Establish and maintain relationships with emerging and established names within the creative industry
- Lead large scale special projects, working closely with creative, project management, editorial, digital and business development team members.
- Setup, oversee and support small to mid scale special projects
- Review, analyse and improve our creative output
- Attend industry events and conferences
- Identify new opportunities for the business
- Oversee and deliver research, idea generation, pitch production, presenting, art direction, commissioning and design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Affects), Keynote, Google Docs.
Due to the Covid-19 global pandemic, It's Nice That teams are working remotely with the option to use our studio based in London, Haggerston, for those who need it most. The company is supporting individuals to work from where they feel most comfortable for the remainder of 2021. We will facilitate teams who want to meet and collaborate on a regular basis post-lockdown.
- Salary: £40,000 – £48,000 (Depending on experience)
- Reporting into: Editor-in-Chief
- Level: Senior
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am — 6pm (flexible hours between 8am – 7pm)
- Application deadline: 6pm on Wednesday 14th July
- Interviews from: 19 July 2021
- Start date: ASAP