Nando's is more than a just a restaurant. Born out of South Africa, made famous in the UK, arguably Nando’s has become as big a part of British culture as drinking tea. We’re on a journey to make a difference to the lives of our People, our Customers and the Communities we work in, Changing Lives Together.
The Brand Comms team plays a pivotal role in this mission - telling engaging stories, creating meaningful experiences and entertaining our customers while we’re at it, all whilst making sure the brand shows up at its best across all platforms.
You’ll be a key member of this team, writing relevant and witty copy for a range of touchpoints – all while optimising for platform and user experience. Famed for our tone, you’ll be a champion of the Nando’s voice, evolving the way we speak and continuing to bring creative excellence to all our comms.
The candidate should have/be:
• Naturally witty with an authentic yet adaptable tone of voice
• 5+ years in copy, content or marketing roles with a solid understanding of current and emerging trends
• A talented copywriter with a flair for spelling and grammar
• Basic SEO knowledge
• Interested in food and youth culture
• Naturally calm under pressure
• Highly driven and ambitious
• A team player, happy in an environment where everyone cares about the quality of our work and who pitches in to any project as resource demands.
Overall Ambition & Key Responsibilities:
“Making Nando’s voice famous.”
• Provide great ideas and copy for brand campaigns, editorial content, social media, digital channels and internal comms.
• Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with internal clients and members of agency creative teams.
• Approach all briefs as a problem to be solved. Find answers that work, are original and relevant to Nando’s. Sweat the details.
• Work with stakeholders across the business to understand their requirements and develop solutions to meet their needs. Amend, revise or re-develop copy in response to feedback.
• Communicate, present and sell the idea clearly and effectively.
• Leverage our refreshed brand positioning to become more loved for creating uplifting experiences, and most loved by Gen Z.
• Work alongside the Lead Copywriter and agency creative teams to roll out the refreshed Nando’s tone of voice, focusing on brand evolution and long-term brand building.
• Promote and protect the Nando’s tone of voice in all channels.
• Keep up to date with cultural trends, channel innovation and champion best practice across Nando's.
Project management and production:
• Day-to-day management of projects, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers and ensuring all projects are delivered on time, on budget, on brand, to a high standard and with stakeholder satisfaction.
• Contribute to the overall creative process.
• Use time effectively and accurately record all aspects of projects.
Contribute to the team:
• Be an ambassador for the copy team.
• Actively participate in team meetings and strategy sessions and maintain team spirit.
• Help new members of the team settle into their roles and feel welcome.
• Be approachable and respond to day-to-day queries, contribute to the smooth running of the team and support team members when they need it.
• Brand Team
• Digital & eCommerce Team (Performance)
• Grocery Team
• Retention Team (Loyalty & CRM)
• People Team
• Tech Product Teams
• Customer Experience Team
• Internal Comms Team
Our candidate should be looking for:
• A culture with strong purpose and values, intent on contributing to / driving positive cultural and social change
• An opportunity to help define the role that a brand plays in culture and communications
• A relaxed and informal environment