Who are 48.1
48.1 are a creative agency driven by the belief that diversity of thought, inclusivity and a collaborative approach results in something better.
Our growth to date has been rapid, exhilarating, unexpected and wholly thanks to the people who have chosen to be a part of the journey.
The business is now set to step into a new chapter, having moved into a new studio space in Shoreditch with new team members joined and exciting and challenging briefs lined up for the new year.
We are on the search for an experienced UX/UI designer to join our team.
Every project presents an entirely different challenge - and you will work on everything from large development projects, comprising of multiple micro-services forming one coherent product to simple brochure sites.
Regardless of the size, we place the same level of importance on UX and UI, so a passion in this area alongside a solid grounding in design principles is critical.
You will be creating engaging user interfaces and experiences ready for build, so we require somebody with a progressive approach, a keen interest in emerging technologies and an eagerness to find the most effective solution through researching, wireframing, prototyping and designing.
What we look for in every team member
You will be working directly within a team of client services, designers, strategists and developers. So we need true team players eager to collaborate, confident to share ideas and with an ambition to grow by learning from the team around them.
And those with strong communication skills and the ability to understand a brief from both the client and the studio’s point of view equally will thrive.
What we definitely need is…
- A strong design background
- A high level of competence in Figma (or a willingness to upskill)
- A high level of competence in the Creative Cloud Suite
- Experience building wireframes
- The ability to prototype
- Able to create and maintain design systems, style guides and documentation
- An understanding of the development process
- A high level of attention to detail
- A confidence in presenting ideas and concepts (internally and externally)
- Strong time management skills
- 2+ years studio experience
We’d love it if you had…
- A working knowledge of development languages
- A proficiency in UI motion design tools (Principal)
- Experience designing mobile applications
A new voice
We are looking for characters with a fresh perspective and a different opinion. A culture-add over a culture-fit.
That means we are actively seeking qualified individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace, whether in relation to religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch. If this sounds like someone you know, please pass it along.