Rotate° is on the hunt for a Design Lead to help us create beautiful and effective digital experiences.
Salary: depending on experience
Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: Hybrid (Minimum of 2 days in London Office)
Role Type: Full Time
💻 About Rotate°
We are a digital studio based in East London creating cutting-edge (Not cookie cutter) eCommerce.
We work with brands we believe in, that want to thrive in the modern digital landscape.
It’s a relaxed but fast-paced environment where we really take pride in our work. Together we create value and build memorable digital experiences.
📣 About the role
The hunt for a Head of Design role at Rotate° involves finding the right person to lead, manage, and grow our small (but mighty) design team…. Ultimately to take design to the next level at Rotate°.
You will help cultivate and improve our internal design processes for the team and be a key contributor to our partners product strategy, providing guidance on output and facilitating collaboration.
The Head of Design will have a broad oversight over creative design concepts, projects, and workflows. You’ll support multiple projects to completion, providing the resources and even-keeled management your team needs to consistently deliver best-in-class work.
As Head of Design you’ll also function as the creative point person for our partners, ensuring a healthy relationship with frequent updates and team collaboration (Tech x Creative x Product) to create beautiful and effective experiences.
👀 Essential skills
- At least 2 years experience in a similar (Head of Design) role.
- 7+ years of agency experience in digital design, including a eCommerce, working collaboratively with engineering and designers from research to delivery.
- Experience managing and mentoring designers, in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading creative direction and strategic thinking - representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- Experience articulating and synthesising design problems and solutions to a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers etc
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience being hands-on when needed to help your team and our partners achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction with timely, supportive and regular feedback
- Excellent verbal, written, presentational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strongly involved in mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills to create a collaborative and progressive team culture
- Full supervision of creative team, including documentation and responsibility for schedules
- Guiding the design team to make sure they follow best practice and efficiency
- Proactively aiding to improvement and setting the right processes for the Design Team (Digital & eCommerce)
- Supervising delivery on the design lifecycle from concept to delivery across a project portfolio, ensuring the outcome is of the best design quality with input from user insight, analytics, brand and validated through testing
- Be an advocate for users, whether they are members, prospect or colleagues, and inform decisions and design direction through user research
- Be enthusiastic about learning design methodologies to help think, organise and structure the future of our partners brand/s
- Be able to communicate with stakeholders, in particular with the Design team, the Product team, Engineering team and Business stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with digital and market trends to adapt ways of working and influence design and digital direction
- Understand best practices in Design Thinking and User Experience approaches and how to apply them
- A solid understanding and passion for detailed interaction and information design
- You are structured in your approach to understanding users, and frame design decisions around your findings
- Use tools such as Figma, FigJam and Pitch
- Familiar in using analytics and testing tools such as Google Analytics
- Creative & Innovative — You're an idea generator, you do your own research, and you thrive when given the freedom.
- Communication — You'll be able to convey your needs clearly to engineering, help reduce ambiguity, and take pride in your written specifications
- Technical — You'll have some technical skills, so that when engineers bring an idea or a problem to your attention, you won’t struggle to understand the implications
- Commercial Awareness — you'll know how to work with sales and marketing, and how to seek value through design
- Teamwork — You achieve your goals working with your colleagues and clients, collaboratively.
- Integrity — You set clear commitments and expectations and you do what it takes to meet those commitments
- Resilience & Tenacity — You handle difficult situations. When faced with a challenge, you step up to solve it and do not wait for others to work it out for you
- Sensitivity to others — You are polite and considerate to clients and colleagues and understand that we’re all working toward the same goal
- Strong opinions lightly held — You speak up, but you’ll listen to critique with open ears
If this sounds like a bit of you, we’d love to hear from you.
⚖️ What else do we offer?
- Time Off — You’re entitled to 27 days of paid holidays per year, plus BH and with a whole company closure over Christmas. We encourage taking time off, to recharge and spend time with your favourite people.
- Flexible Remote Working — You will have the option of working up to 3 days a week remotely.
- Wellness Fund — Within a year you can expense up to £250 on equipment or activities to boost your wellbeing.
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Leave — It’s important to us that our employees are given as much support during this special time, which is why we have an enhanced policy.
- Unlimited Personal Development Fund — We have an untethered fund for your professional development. These are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Biannually Personal Development Reviews and a monthly session with your Line Manager to ensure that Rotate° is supporting you in reaching your career goals.
- Equipment Budget — We know you are most effective when you have the right equipment that works for you. As such, on starting, you will work with your Line Manager to agree the best setup for you - standing desks, monitors, laptops, you name it.
- Off-Site Days — Summer Party, Christmas Party, End of Month Parties - if there is an excuse, we'll have a party.
- Team Lunches — When we’re in the office we order food for the whole team 1 - 2 times a week. It’s the one day, nobody has to think about lunch but it’s when we all come together to not only share the food but to catch up and have fun!
- Discounts — We also work with great clients that give us discounts too.
🖤 How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
We genuinely care about our people. We are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for, where we deliver amazing award-winning work for our clients, and everyone supports and learns from each other!
💯 We are an equal opportunity employer
Rotateº is an equal opportunity employer and believes that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve tricky challenges. As such, we are seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experience.