Hotel is a vibrant and energetic creative studio based in Fitzrovia, London. We are renowned for creating artful and deeply engaging physical experiences for global sports and fashion brands, but our offering extends to creative strategy, product and campaign conception, multi-media art direction and interior design.
We are looking for a client-facing project manager who will principally deliver design and creative projects for some of our most important clients.
As Project Manager, you will have enthusiasm for and knowledge of luxury and premium brands, the retail environment and design projects, in all their myriad forms.
The ability to self-manage, prioritise tasks and maintain impeccable client relationships under significant time pressure. You will be confident in highly creative environments, able to work collaboratively, communicating effectively with clients, the Hotel team and third-party stakeholders.
An evangelist for best practice approach on your own projects, and in the way you support the wider team. Meticulous planning and organisation should inform an uncompromising desire to help our creative team realise their vision through to final delivery.
You will be a strong advocate for Hotel’s work and share our commitment to developing our international reputation for excellence.
+ 4-5 years of experience in a creative / design agency environment
+ Demonstrable experience managing senior clients directly
+ Demonstrable experience of managing 3d design projects (retail, events, interiors)
+ Natural people skills effective with all types of stakeholders
+ Solid knowledge and unwavering belief in best practice project process
+ Impeccable written and spoken English
+ Experience managing 3d Production and Delivery
+ Mid to advanced level office-software skills (Excel / Word / Keynote)
+ Based in the UK with indefinite leave to remain
+ Comfortable working in a studio environment
+ Client-facing experience at a global level
+ Natural affiliation with premium sportswear, fashion and streetwear brands
+ Experience overseeing and producing clothing and footwear focused content shoots
+ Private Health Care (after 3-month probation period),
+ 25 days paid leave + National Holidays
+ Additional Christmas Break
+ Company credit card for project related expenses
+ Expenses to cover 50% of mobile phone costs
+ Install payments to cover unsociable hours, whereby these are fully covered within project budgets.
+ Fun studio environment / Christmas & Summer parties / Art trips / Weekly DJ set
Your responsibilities sit across two principal functions; Client Services, Project Management and occasionally Production Management.
• Be the main point of contact for clients with ultimate responsibility for the smooth and effective running of your projects.
• Understand the workings and needs of the clients you are working for, including internal dynamics, third party stakeholders and their potential impact on Hotel’s proposals.
• Ensure you have a good understanding of the brands, categories, products and services you are working on; their definitions, their core characteristics, how they should and shouldn’t behave.
• Establish effective client relationships and be a true ambassador of Hotel at every touch point.
• Ensure briefs and ongoing client feedback are clearly understood internally, and that all aspects of the brief are fulfilled above and beyond client expectations.
• Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget, keeping track on timings, milestones, budgets and resources daily.
• Work with internal team members to define project scope, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects.
• Plan, book and monitor the effort (resource hours) that is applied to your projects, ensuring that clients are kept informed and all hours worked are billed.
• Produce and share timelines, costings, internal briefing documents and budgets and keep Hotel management tools fully updated daily.
• Own and drive the flow of your projects through the design studio, ensuring all work going out has been subject to the relevant Hotel approvals.
• Ensure our creative proposals are feasible, well planned and then produced to Hotel levels of excellence.
• Ensure that all stakeholders (internal and external) are kept up to date on project developments: changes in timings, costs and any threats / risks arising, and manage expectations on both sides.
• Ensure that clients approve budget estimates, and that POs are delivered in a timely manner.
• Work closely with colleagues throughout the project life-cycle to ensure that all Hotel Design Proposals have been fully considered from a production perspective and that all Hotel Production is procured, planned, briefed and approved correctly.
• Manage and occasionally source 3rd party suppliers and freelancers, negotiating costs whilst also growing and maintaining positive long-term partnerships.
• Work closely with production suppliers from as early as possible in a project’s life-cycle, ensuring materials and executions are carefully considered and prototyped where necessary.
• Lead production meetings with internal and 3rd party teams and give confidence to all stakeholders.
• Plan, manage and oversee installations in accordance with Hotel Best Practice guidelines, including all documentation, logistics, and briefing of onsite crew, ensuring the highest level of professionalism and minimal impact to retail partners.
• Carry out risk assessments and produce method statements, ensuring health and safety requirements are being met.
Best Practice Approach
PM performance will be assessed against ‘Hotel Best Practice’ KPIs as part of Hotel’s strive for project delivery excellence.