Brody Associates is a London-based design studio specialising in identity, typography, and creative direction across all platforms (digital and screen first). Founded by Neville Brody in 2014, we collaborate with the world’s biggest brands, celebrated institutions, and dynamic start-ups.
Our approach is skilled, knowledge-based, strategic, and highly creative. A direct working relationship between client and designers ensures our associate teams are deeply engaged with a project from appointment to completion. Our clients come from all over the globe and from across sectors (Luxury & Lifestyle, Media & Communications, Digital & Technology and Arts & Culture) so no two days or months look the same. The studio is constantly evolving and responding to the live briefs which make for a varied, rich, and rewarding role. Current clients and recent commissions include Shiseido, Sony Music, The Coca-Cola Company, SPC, Nikon, Barnes and Noble Group, Mayo Clinic, Bundeskunsthalle, and Nike, with several new clients joining us in 2023.
We are looking to appoint a full-time Senior Designer to work alongside our CEO/Creative Director, under the direction of our Business Director, supported by our Creative Project Manager and the wider studio team. You will be central to the creative leadership, development, and effective running of the studio across multiple projects and collaborations. Each commission is complemented by in-house project management, administration, and client support to ensure high standards of creativity, timeframe precision, and budget adherence.
The role also offers the opportunity to develop and collaborate with our wider associate family. These teams are our family of personable, skilled, creative, and passionate individuals, who bring expertise in their respective fields. This is a rare opportunity to join a London based international design studio, learn, develop, travel, be a team player, develop as an emerging leader (training and development will be provided) and take your next step in the industry.
The role will have responsibility for:
• Developing and delivering world class design
• Understanding and developing strategy/creative strategy
• Managing multiple projects and collaborations (both in a leadership and team member capacity)
• Client-facing presentations and creative workshops (both in a leadership and team member capacity)
• Day-to-Day project creative direction in partnership with Creative Director
• Day-to-Day project development in partnership with Creative Project Manager
• Building and developing knowledge and solutions across platforms
• System building and digital/screen first delivery
• Digital understanding, development, build and delivery across projects and collaborations
• Final deliverables and assets
• Successful client delivery in partnership with Creative Project Manager
• Supporting new business initiatives, creative proposals, pitches, and planning
Background and Requirements
• Ability to live and work in the UK (on application)
• Significant Industry Experience (Agency based and/or Client side creative)
• Experience and knowledge in two (minimum) of the following sectors Luxury & Lifestyle, Media & Communications, Digital & Technology and Arts & Culture
• BA Graphic Design Degree
• MA/Postgraduate in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or Related (an advantage)
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Appetite for International Travel
• Global awareness and interests outside of work
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and commissions at one time
• Presentation experience and skills
• Positive outlook and can-do attitude in your creative work
• Excellent skills across Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Aftereffects)
• Understanding of digital, development, build and delivery
• Good skills across Figma
• Good skills and understanding of screen and motion development and delivery (an advantage)
• Working knowledge of Miro
• Working knowledge of Glyphs (an advantage)
*Successful applicants will have the opportunity to discuss training and development needs in relation to professional skill requirements at interview stage.
• Develop and team lead/design lead
• Design-led project management experience (ideally in graphic design or related area)
• MS Office
• Good creative asset and workflow management
• Good Harvest or time tracking management