Bakken & Bæck is a digital product development studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn and London. In close collaboration with ambitious clients, we design and build digital solutions and businesses from end to end. You might have seen our work for Vipps, Coinbase, IKEA Everyday Experiments, and Bee Home, or perhaps stumbled across some of our own previous ventures like Wake or Orbit.
When we are not making world-class digital products, we are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. Things are a little different in a pandemic, but normally we do trips, conferences, and events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivate a company that embraces differences. We strongly believe in flexibility, and know that creativity doesn’t necessarily always happen between 9 and 5.
At Bakken & Bæck you’ll be given a lot of freedom while translating complicated problems into easy-to-use products. This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours' scheme. We continue to make sure everyone has what they need to do their best work.
Design is at the heart of everything we do.
As a Senior UX Designer on our team, you’ll be involved in strategy and concept development, researching user and business needs, and designing elegant, easy-to-use solutions to meet those needs. Together with product managers you'll play a key part in seeing a project through: from the very first brief to launch and beyond. Within the team your role will focus heavily (but not exclusively) on the early stages of the process - defining the product, working with clients to define scope, and deep dive into user research.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys tackling complex problems, and designing smart and simple solutions. Thinking beyond the ideal user flow and designing for real-world scenarios is important to us as is being a team player who can collaborate well with developers, clients, and other designers. And as an experienced member of the team, you’ll be happy to provide feedback and mentorship to the people on your projects.
- 5+ years experience with high quality digital product design on multiple platforms
- Experience with (or exposure to) every phase of the product design process
- Leading user interviews and workshops(design sprints) to understand customer needs and stakeholder goals
- Ability to simplify complex problems, and sketch out multiple solutions for discussion and alignment
- Experience designing user flows, user states, and interactions for complex digital products
- Strong communication skills: you can articulately explain and document your process, present your work and communicate your design decisions.
- Creating and conducting user tests to validate and improve your designs
Perks and Benefits
We take great pride in making Bakken & Bæck a friendly and inclusive workplace, and we care for both your professional and personal well-being. Here are some of the things you can expect if you join us:
- Doing things together : Working across offices, we like to get together as often as we can. Yearly trips, meet-ups, parties, dinners or even work on an interesting project. We’ve previously hosted a one-day conference called An Interesting Day and we have an event series called DDD (Define, Design, Develop) where we invite people from different industries to talk about a specific theme.
- Power your own ideas : Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Remote when you need : Currently a lot of our team members are working from home due to the pandemic. However once things return to normal, you’ll still be very welcome to occasionally work remotely. We try our best to keep location from obstructing our cross office collaboration.
- Parental leave and baby bonus : We got the moms and dads in the company to design our very own “baby kit”, that includes a €2000 bonus, so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy : We provide an extensive support package that includes solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment and a lot more.
- Conferences and courses : You'll get a yearly budget of €1500 to go wherever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks and work philosophy, check out our Company Handbook.