PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world with 23 offices globally and more than 1,300 people who love executing communications to deliver positive action. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose —translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work across time zones and continents. Our clients are innovative and so is our work – and importantly, our employees come first. We are looking for a first-class creative on a maternity cover basis to drive full-integration across all our disciplines – Technology, Healthcare, Consumer and Corporate. You will work in partnership with our newly hired Digital Associate Director and talented account teams, pushing the creative needle and plugging into our wider global creative offering.
You will be a design all-rounder, defining and shaping visual concepts based on client and client team briefs. The job is incredibly varied – enabling you to work with all areas of the agency and our external partners. You will be a master at stakeholder management, whilst being just as comfortable in front of clients selling in concepts and ideas.
The role of Lead Designer is broken down into 4 main areas:
Driving Creativity across the Agency – 35%
Is the driving force behind creativity across the agency. You will define and shape our creative offering, ensuring that the agency shows up well in all materials, content and assets produced by the design team.
You will also work closely with our Digital Strategy & Content Director to ensure best-in-class creative is delivered each and every time.
New Business Support – 35%
You will provide art and creative direction (where required) for all new business pitches and proposals across the agency and across all sector teams. This will cover a wide range of design disciplines from creative presentations through to content hub website designs.
Team Leadership/Development – 20%
You will be responsible for managing one middleweight designer (and potentially one design intern) including mentoring and overseeing their personal development. You will also be tasked with helping to grow the design team revenue so that we can build out the team to ensure we have scale in the design team as the agency goes through an aggressive growth phase.
Thought Leadership – 10%
As part of the broader brand awareness activities driven by the agency marketing team, we expect you to contribute to and deliver regular thought leadership pieces.
• Portfolio that showcases your ability to deliver campaigns across both B2B and B2C audiences
• Highly networked and respected within the communications industry in the market; proven track record of signing new client accounts and cultivating relationships in the right circles.
• Proven track record of delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
• Strong understanding on the future direction of integrated communications.
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning clearly and confidently
• An ability to be patient and focused under tight deadlines, work on multiple projects and prioritise tasks for each
• 8+ years of experience as professional graphic designer in multimedia agency, advertising agency, or design studio
• Is highly proficient with Adobe CS tools – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
• Thrive on pushing digital design at every juncture as the agency moves to a fully integrated model
• Experience of running projects from concept to completion – including pitching and presenting to clients
• Junior Designer management experience
• Video production experience would be a bonus