We’re looking for a super-talented midweight - senior level User Interface Designer with a background in digital and a passion for creativity, to join our design team. You’ll be working on a range of exciting projects, including website and digital product design for startups and household names alike. We offer a flexible hybrid working environment including access to our office in Farringdon, London.
Where does this job fit into the organisation?
Hex has grown over the past few years from boutique to established digital agency, and with this growth comes exciting opportunities and inspiring clients. This role will be within our design team, working closely with a raft of other creative minds and experts in all functions of the agency. We expect you to be brimming with ideas, challenge yourself, to grow and develop, and create jaw-dropping designs.
How many projects will I be working on at a time?
We actively work with a range of clients, covering large product-focused work, smaller digital and print design projects and monthly retainers for both established names and marketplace challengers. Some weeks will be entirely focussed on large projects and pitches, whereas others will include getting stuck into smaller briefs and problem-solving for our retained clients.
What will my personal space be like?
Our Farringdon office is open-plan; you’ll have a spacious desk next to the rest of the design team with personal storage space. We have several spaces for collaboration, such as meeting rooms and sofas, along with kitchen and shower facilities on-site.
What is the hardest part of this job?
You will need to be an expert at creative thinking, juggling priorities and working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced industry where things can change with little notice. There’s a lot of space to learn, grow, and supercharge your career.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Drive the design direction across website projects with the ability to produce polished work from inception through to completion.
- Understand what is possible, what is not and when to push the boundaries.
- Work hard, be passionate about what you do and have fun while you're doing it.
What we’d like to see in you:
- Extensive agency experience as a digital designer.
- A beautifully designed, diverse portfolio of work showing your versatility as a designer
- Highly proficient in the industry standard design software, including Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Invision and other prototyping software
- A creative mind able to strategise and execute ideas with other designers and members of the wider team.
- Ability to work closely with engineers and the development team to bring your designs to life
- High standards when it comes to output / execution with a meticulous attention to detail.
- A cool head and able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Up to date knowledge of industry trends.
- A good communicator and not afraid to bring ideas to improve the design process.