A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced mid-weight designer with an all-round design skillset, but with a specialisation in video editing and motion graphics, to join Getty Images – a company that is best-of-breed in supplying the world’s creative industries with award-winning photography, video and music.
We’re looking for someone to join the small, hard-working, EMEA Regional Marketing team, based remotely for the foreseeable future but potentially in our Camden offices at a later point. The role is initially on a ‘retained freelance’ basis with an initial term of one year (with the opportunity to renew at the end of that term). This position reports to the Senior Designer, EMEA and works directly for the EMEA Regional Marketing team.
As a varied role, working on a broad range of digital and printed customer-facing materials, it’s a chance for someone with strong design skills to develop and showcase conceptual thinking and bring fresh inspiration to a creative and design-led brand.
Who You Are
You’re naturally creative, versatile, with a great eye for design and a passion for everything visual. You’ll be working in a varied role, supporting our Senior Designer and Designer in owning the look and feel of all branding, sales tools and marketing collateral for the Getty Images and iStock brands across EMEA.
You’ll be comfortable multi-tasking and ready to lend your expertise and experience beyond the brief. Whilst able to work on simple layout, resizing, localisation and amendment jobs, you’ll balance this with making time to think big – generating conceptual thinking that can bring our creative brand and beautiful products to life for our customers.
Calm, organised and flexible under pressure, you’re happy working on multiple project streams at once, and produce consistently high level work, even to tight deadlines. With experience working within a corporate environment, you’ll be confident in your ability to build productive relationships both internally and with suppliers; streamlining your workflow and prioritising the demands of your stakeholders to ensure you’re making the best use of your time.
And you’ll be a people person: enthusiastic and eager to learn and share your experience within your networks. You’ll understand that in a large corporation with partners and stakeholders all over the world, the ability to build relationships, trust and consensus through effective communication is the key to success.
Your Next Challenge
• Tackling a broad range of design projects, working on all of Getty Images’ EMEA customer-facing materials such as multimedia sales presentations, pitch materials, landing pages, emails, video sizzle reels and digital advertising. You’ll be working from a range of existing templates, but also have ideas on how to develop new ones
• Assisting the Senior Designer: managing the design workflow for the EMEA marketing team, working with internal stakeholders to optimise the design process, prioritise projects, and report on progress
• Bringing in the new: seeking out examples of the best design both within the Getty Images network and externally, constantly generating new ideas and concepts to enhance the quality of our design output
• Helping ensure that the team adhere to and stay up to date with brand guidelines
What You’ll Need
• At least one year’s experience in a professional design role, ideally in an in-house design environment and with an excellent track record in video editing and motion graphics
• Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud, including After Effects, Premier, Photoshop and InDesign
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in delivery on all parts of the original brief
• Superb time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and stakeholders
• Passion and enthusiasm for innovative, creative design
Who We Are
Getty Images is among the world’s leading creators and distributors of award-winning still imagery, video, music and multimedia products, as well as other forms of premium digital content, available through the Getty Images and iStock By Getty Images brands.
With our advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Our best-in-class photographers and imagery help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media. Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
How to apply
If this role sounds right for you, please send your CV, a link to an online portfolio of your recent work with an example of at least one self-initiated project, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: ‘EMEA Designer’.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.