We are looking for a highly motivated and focused Account/Senior Account Manager to join our newly formed Design Operations team across both Universal Design Studio and Map Project Office. Working across 2 specialist studios and reporting to our Head of Design Operations, you will play a pivotal part in helping to shape the way we integrate client services across the board. This role is perfect for someone looking for the opportunity to not only work on some fantastic accounts but also have the opportunity to implement new ways of working and be there at the start of the journey as we build the team.
Working alongside our creative teams you will be jointly responsible for building and nurturing client relationships, as well as ensuring the commercial success of each project delivered. The ability to balance the need for creative excellence with commercial sensitivity is key to this role.
About Universal Design Studio and Map Project Office
Universal Design Studio and Map Project Office are award-winning design studios based in Farringdon, London. Architecture and interior designers, Universal Design Studio, create boutique hotels, restaurants, retail spaces, workspaces, galleries and renowned cultural institutions. Map Project Office are industrial designers, developing physical products for tech giants to start-ups. We are co-located with partner agency AKQA – creating a multi-disciplinary group of creative studios that redefine the interplay between the disciplines of interior design, architecture, industrial design and digital.
Within this role you will cover areas such as:
- Managing of multiple projects from brief through to completion.
- Client liason on specified accounts building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Managing resource requirements ensuring accounts are covered as required but maintain a healthy profit margin.
- Working alongside your creative counterpart to create a commercially viable approach to the client brief.
- Writing proposals aligned with agreed approached as discussed with creative counterpart, ensuring a high level of detail, clarity and feasibility throughout
- Reporting to Head of Design Operations on revenue, pipeline and general project health.
- Lead new business presentations and introductory meetings with new clients and partners
- Managing and responding to inbound enquires such as RFP’s and RFQ’s as designated to you by Head of Design Operations.
- Establish a network of high-quality project partners to present a clear service offering according to project requirements
- General administration duties associated with running accounts – setting agendas, meeting notes, project planning, chasing PO’s.
- Financial oversight – ultimately responsible for the financial health of your accounts, tracking spend, flagging scope creep, ensuring change orders are submitted and approved before additional work is carried out.
- Working alongside the financial team to review and update forecast as required, ensure all invoices are captured and raised correctly.
- Working alongside our Head of Contracts to ensure the proper paperwork is in order ahead of project kick off.
- Ability to spot and act on opportunities to grow current accounts and with new new business.
- Working alongside your creative counterpart ensure all work delivered to the client meets - if not exceeds -expectations.
- Mentoring and development of more junior members of the Design Operations team.
- Helping to ensure successful integration of the role with the creative team.
Skills, behaviours and attributes
To succeed in this role we believe you need to have:
- a positive and proactive attitude.
- the ability to work self led as well as part of a team.
- excellent attention to detail.
- a solution orientated mindset.
- a great degree of financial acumen.
- a willingness to question yourself and take control of situations.
- experience of working with creative teams and an understanding of what it takes to manage those relationships successfully.
- at least 4 years working in a creative studio environment.
- experience handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- proficient in Excel, Word, Keynote.
Desirable, but not essential experience:
- knowledge of architectural process.
- use of Workbook management system
Benefits & other information
Competitive salary and attractive benefits package offered: Including generous holiday allowance, flexible start/finish times, regular learning events & socials, enhanced pension contribution, access to Bupa dental plan, Babylon Dr app, Lifeworks well-being platform, retail discounts, inhouse fitness studio, CycleScheme, train season ticket loan.
Hybrid working: Following the safe reopening of our studio, employees have the flexibility to work a mix of in the studio and at home - working a minimum of 3 days in the studio.
Application process: We want you to have every opportunity to shine and show us your talents - please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the assessment process works for you.