Why you should join us…
Woo (by ITV) is a new generation digital media brand and marketplace redefining wellness. We make mental health and wellbeing discoverable, aspirational and culturally relevant.
Woo aims to engage with Gen Z (and Gen Y) with their passion points: music, fashion, activism and culture but through a wellness lens. We take unconventional practices that are designed to improve the human experiences, align them with cultural icons and deliver it in a way that feels accessible, relatable and desirable. Think documentaries, reality series, and endorphins releasing videos, audio and beyond.
This role entails…
Woo (by ITV) is looking for a strong individual to lead Woo’s editorial output. This will be someone who wants to redefine wellness and mental health and is passionate about driving youth culture.
The Head of Editorial owns and directs Woo’s editorial strategy, messaging and tone of voice, ensuring these are on brand across all channels. The Head of Editorial will oversee all written output for Woo across the areas of wellness, fashion, music, lifestyle, art and culture. With the key focuses in the following areas:
- Brand and Culture Defining Editorial - Journalism that sets the cultural agenda and helps us redefine wellness and mental health for a generation.
- Functional Editorial - Editorial pieces designed to help people feel good.
- Shopping/Commercial Editorial - Editorial pieces and stories designed to drive sales of marketplace products.
- Build, manage and lead the Woo editorial team to produce engaging and inspiring content on a daily basis
- Ensure editorial content reaches view targets, brand metrics or engagement KPIs
- Own, edit and write copy for weekly marketing emails, social media, promotional banners, videos and special projects, ensuring all messaging is in keeping with Woo’s house style and tone of voice
- Manage copy for promotional activities such as magazine partnership promotions, press releases, affiliates newsletters and competitions
- Provide support for the social content strategy and tone of voice for Woo’s social media channels
- Liaise with external contacts to acquire quotes and content for homepages and on site pages, marketing assets and videos
- Interview talent for video content, write scripts and record voiceovers, for all projects and campaigns when necessary
- Contribute to site copy: non-editorial site copy including Help and About pages, Terms & Conditions and shipping policies
- Oversee research and idea generation for editorial stories
- Source and commission imagery and assets to promote editorial content
- Strategise, product and commission commercial formats and editorial pieces designed to drive commercial metrics
- Represent Woo at talks and PR events as and when necessary
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- Experience along with a background in publishing, fashion, wellness, e-commerce, news and or youth culture
- Proven experience of internet/interactive copywriting within the fashion, editorial or related industry
- Proven experience managing and leading teams
- Mid to senior level experience working as a culture/fashion/music/news writer and/or editor
- Proven experience in e-commerce, with a demonstrable understanding of the online interactive experience
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- A love of and genuine interest in wellness and culture
- Experience working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities
Closing date: 11th October 2022
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application & selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything via the talkingcareers email on ITVJobs.
Find out more about our benefits via the 'Why Join Us' page at ITVJobs.
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.