🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, The Modern House and more
📈 Join our growing team
About the team
&Open’s Creative team is a growing team of designers, researchers, writers and creatives. Together, we craft memorable gifting experiences that are fun and engaging for our clients. We obsess over materials, typefaces, colours, quality, and everything in between.
About the role
We’re seeking a Gift Designer with strong design skills to create memorable gifting experiences for our clients. You’ll join a cross-functional group working on gift sourcing, development, messaging and packaging — creating feel-good experiences from end-to-end. You will bring our gifts to life and follow the product life-cycle through to production.
What you’ll do
- Design, design, design. Working alongside our account management, buying and merchandising teams, you’ll ideate and execute gift presentations and concepts for our clients.
- Think creatively. You’ll design within our clients’ established brand look and feel, interpret style guides, digital assets, and copy into product and packaging die lines. You will champion a respect for gift sourcing and sustainability, with a knowledge and awareness of latest trends.
- Eye for detail. You’ll create product and packaging artwork for production, working closely with our team to bring the gifts to life altering designs based on client budgets or delivery restraints where necessary. Finalising and approving artwork files that are released to product, print and packaging vendors.
- Execute. You will thrive and be able to create your own structure in a fluid work environment, balance multiple projects and deadlines, helping lead projects alongside our gift team and cross-functional partners. Have good organisational skills and a passion for working on all sorts of projects, both big and small.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Furniture Design, Graphic Design or similar
- At least 5+ years experience working as a Product Designer with experience in the Gift, Home or Fashion industry preferred
- Expert Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, like designers, buying and merchandisers, account managers and project managers
- Experience working on product and packaging design projects from start to finish – from requirement gathering and concept visualisation, to stakeholder input and feedback synthesis, to the creation of final artwork and proofing
- A self-starter attitude: you should thrive and be able to create your own structure in a fluid work environment
- The ability to work in a collaborative, team-focused environment, with a facility for project management and meeting tight deadlines :)
We’re based in Dublin, Ireland, but you can work from anywhere in Ireland or the USA. Relocation is an option but not expected once everyone returns to the office.