JOE is an award-winning, social-first UK publishing brand speaking to and for the modern man. Deeply invested in our audience (13M of them, to be exact), we produce content that sits at the heart of conversations had by forward-thinking men.
Our expertise combines an insightful understanding of our audience with award-winning creative concepts, to bring the subjects at the top of the male agenda to the fore. That’s how we ensure our content stays true, accessible and representative of our viewers‘ values.
From current affairs to sports, we have access to some of the biggest names, as well as partnering with many of the world’s leading brands (Coca-Cola, Adidas, FA and the BBC, to name a few).
We are one of the UK’s most influential and respected publishers, and would not have built our position in the industry without the creativity, originality and instincts of our team.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced designer to manage and lead the design team as well as oversee the overall output of the team. It’s your responsibility to lead concept development of visual design, the development of creative projects and taking responsibility for brand guardianship when required, ensuring consistency with the overall brand and marketing strategy.
Leading the team, you will work across a variety of different projects adopting a hands-on approach when required. Ranging from presentation design, digital, print and motion graphics, brand development, key visual mock ups and a range of responsive web projects for both our B2B and B2C brands. Fostering a close working relationship with clients and internal stakeholders you must be comfortable in presenting and taking feedback directly. Building trust is key to producing better work and it’s essential to drive our growth and success.
• Providing leadership and creative direction of the design team to ensure consistent high standards and completion of all projects to deadlines.
• Effectively and fairly delegate workload amongst the design team.
• Presenting work internally and managing workloads within agreed timings.
• Lead and manage the daily operations of the internal design department.
• Present strong and compelling design across all mediums.
• Implement existing brand guidelines on projects.
• Present and communicate any alterations to the guidelines to necessary members of staff, as the brand guardian.
• Define the look and feel for a variety of design projects
• Art directing both photo and video shoots, when required.
• Develop creatively appealing, strong and reflective brand guidelines for all areas of visual communication for both internal and external use, ensuring guidelines are clear, logical, comprehensive and easy to understand for any potential user.
• Significant experience in a senior/design manager role at a digital media company and/or new media publisher.
• 5+ years of Design experience
• Ability to supervise and develop employees.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Proactive and solutions-focussed approach to problems.
• Effective project management, taking responsibility for projects.
• Ability to lead/oversee design projects from concept to completion.
• A passion for digital design trends.
• A deep affinity with layout, typography and ideas-generation.
• A strong understanding of design, animation, video/film, print and digital using Adobe CC (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects.
• A good working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3.
• A team player with a client/stakeholder centric focus possessing the ability to build strong and effective working relationships.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Company Socials (Covid permitting)
Lie in on your birthday