Magpie is an award winning design agency operating at the intersection of creativity and craft – a small independent delivering big ideas for a wide range of clients, from major global players through to young start ups.
Based in the Truman Brewery on Brick Lane, we’re an energetic, fun and friendly team looking for an enthusiastic, well rounded designer. We are open to applications from all experience levels. The right candidate will be someone who’s portfolio demonstrates a healthy blend of great ideas, an ability to think strategically and a keen eye for design craft.
This is an exciting time for Magpie, with an enviable roster of clients and lots of interesting projects in the pipeline.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working from an initial client brief, immersing yourself in their world and generating compelling ideas and concepts for their communication problems.
- Strategic thinking, problem solving and ideas generation across all areas of the creative process, delivering top-class creativity.
- Articulating and presenting concepts with clear rationale in an intelligent and engaging way internally.
- A passion and strong sensibility for creative design in all its forms, and a keen eye for detail.
- A folio that demonstrates the ability to make things memorable, through engaging ideas and original art direction.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Have experience of planning and executing projects from inception to production.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of the core creative team, with a positive, pro-active mindset and collaborative, team-player attitude.
- Great organisational skills, able to juggle and prioritise across multiple projects.
- Highly competent in working with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and ideally AfterEffects.
Please note, this is a full time role. We’re currently trialling a 3:2 split with an option to work from home 2 days (currently Thursdays and Fridays).