Resident Advisor is the world’s foremost platform for discovering electronic music, artists and events. Described by the NY Times as “the most influential electronic music site in the world”, every month RA reaches more than 5m people across its web, mobile and app properties.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Video Content Creator to join our team. The ideal candidate is a confident self-shooter who can develop and execute a range of short form content independently, as well as work with the wider team on a range of other live shoots and edits.
As a lover of electronic music culture, you will be brimming with ideas for unique and engaging content that speaks to the RA audience, alongside an excellent understanding of how to maximize this for YouTube.
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.
- Research, produce and edit a range of short form creative content for YouTube
- Develop new ideas, using analytics and audience insights to inform decisions
- Research and identify suitable subjects, confidently reaching out to set up shoots
- Filming across established RA series (Sessions, Art of Djing etc)
- Monitor and review content to optimise future productions
- What we’re looking for:
- Confident self-shooter
- Advanced knowledge of Premiere Pro editing software
- Ability to identify and drive new creative approaches to content creation
- A strong understanding of YouTube algorithms, and confident in maximizing content for YouTube audiences
- Ability to take ownership of own work, working efficiently within a timeframe to ensure regular frequency of output
- Knowledge of file types, file conversion and codecs
- Proven experience delivering successful short form video series
We care about:
- Work/life balance and offer flexible and remote working. Our expectation is that all staff are in the office a minimum of two days a week
- Staff well-being with regular activities and workplace policies in supporting mental health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- Providing a healthy company culture with strong internal communication and transparency
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with a dedicated team leading our company commitments
- Supporting community projects across the industry: https://ra.co/about/community
- Electronic music and the values of acceptance that underpin the culture
- Electronic music is art.
- We celebrate the progressive values that underpin electronic music.
- We advocate for a more inclusive and equitable electronic music community.
- We honour the past, present and future of electronic music.
- We use innovation to empower the community.
- We choose honesty over gain and purpose over profit.
- We’re always front left.
This role is a full time permanent contract and the expected salary is £30-34k DOE. If you have questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This listing will be open for a minimum of two weeks from 23rd August.