Who we want to be:
We want to be an organisation that changes people’s relationships with flowers, in a sustainable and ethical way.
What we want to do:
We want to build a successful international business which our employees, customers and suppliers feel proud to be part of.
Freddie’s Flowers is:
A ground breaking direct to consumer flower business that’s booming. From scratch to over 300 employees in just five years we have over 125,000 happy customers in the UK and over 24,000 in Germany.
Having recently secured substantial inward investment, we plan to accelerate our growth in the U.K and Europe and launch in the USA. Growing our team and developing those within our Company is a key objective. That’s why five board directors have made their way up from the ground floor, as have 75% of our senior leadership team.
We pride ourselves in our official recognition as a Great Place to Work and the first U.K. flower businesses to be certified Carbon Neutral by the carbon trust.
Come and help us spread the joy of flowers to everyone in a brilliant, hard-working, fun place to be!
About the role
This is an exciting role in a key part of the company, showing our stunning flowers and making them sing! You’ll be working closely with the Creative and Marketing team, taking their briefs and transforming them into beautiful, story-telling, product focused imagery to drive Freddie’s growth. Working primarily across paid and organic social, but everything in between too, you'll be the one to show everyone why they need Freddie's Flowers in their life. All whilst managing, leading and inspiring our wonderful team of Junior stylists!
What you’ll be doing
Our flowers are at the heart of everything we do, and this role will enable you to lead on art direction for all Freddie's Flowers shoots to create stunning product imagery and film. You'll be developing creative briefs established in brainstorming sessions with the Growth team into storyboards, with clear deliverables for shoot days. You'll be organised with prepping and directing our photographers and videographers ahead of shoot days, working directly with Freddie and our Lead Designer to keep everything on brand and create high impact, efficient and effective imagery. You'll lead our team of junior stylists, supporting their growth and improving existing processes to ensure briefs are delivered on time, in budget and with no amends.
A bit about you (skills based)
- At least 5 years experience in an Art Director role (Preferably in Still Life)
- Your portfolio should demonstrate an impeccable eye for detail and innovative ideas
- You are bursting with creativity!
- Proven experience in commercial, product focused styling
- Proven experience in Art Directing for video, ideally for Paid Social.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
- You will have the ability to oversee quality control of assets and styling across photography/video to ensure the brand integrity and aesthetic is maintained
- You have excellent organisation skills in content files and folders
- You have led a team of stylists and know how to elevate people’s skills
- You will have an excellent understanding of the brand and customer identity
- A natural in leader meetings, presenting briefs and shoot/video plans
- Art directing on all video & photographic shoots
- You will be supporting The Head of Creative and Lead Stylist to ensure all creative output is on-brand and in line with our creative guidelines
- You will oversee and ensure the styling team produces exceptional photography and motion, either in a studio or on location
- You will manage our Brand Guidelines – responsible for ensuring the onset Style Guidelines are relevant and up to date
- Produce a plan/storyboard for all creative briefs
- You will demonstrate an excellent understanding of the brand and customer identity
- Delivering on time and on budget
- Keeping up to date with competitors and current social and flower trends
This is an exciting opportunity to join Freddie’s Flowers. The creative team is rapidly growing and you will have a chance to help create content that will be seen all over the UK, Europe and the U.S.
An abundance of organic snacks!
Discounted gym membership
Yoga 2 x a week
Learning and Development Support
Ability to buy extra holiday days
Health and Wellbeing sessions with The Mind Clinic
And Flowers ! 💐
Freddie’s Flowers recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. Freddie’s Flowers is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce where everyone feels safe and valued. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
How to apply
Send your CV along with a cover letter and portfolio – to email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Senior Photographer Role’ in the subject line.
Looking forward to hearing from you 💐