ABOUT THE ROLE
The Digital Designer + Content Creator is part of the Creative team. They will be passionate about designing and creating content for our digital channels that stands out from the crowd.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
No two days are ever the same right?
This role is the epitome of that analogy. There’s going to be lots going on, but if we were to define some of the key things, here’s how they’d look:
- Work closely with our Global Digital Team to cut through the noise of the digital world with weird and wonderful creative content.
- Produce paid and organic social media content, emails and digital ads, understanding the growing need for a high volume of video content above static visuals
- Receive and respond to briefs in a creative and considerate way, factoring in a variety of elements including the customer journey, tone-of-voice and timeframe.
- Always be thinking of things to add to our digital channels. The briefs will be plentiful but you will also contribute ideas off your own back.
- Play a leading role in regular brainstorming sessions with our marketing and creative team.
- Design engaging treatments with a strong emphasis on visual storytelling.
- Push boundaries and help take Minor Figures to places we haven’t been before.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
The creative team is passionate and talented with an innovative NPD pipe and You will be working closely with our newly formed Global Marketing team, who build and execute strategies that propel MF across the globe. You will be working alongside George, our Digital Products + Webshop Lead, Mona, our Growth Marketing Manager and our new Digital Content and Community Lead.
Reporting into our Design Director, Jess you will be joining a tight knit team that is passionate about culture, coffee, and the Minor Figures brand.
You’ll work closely with a motley crew of teammates across the globe that are celebrated for their individuality in a work culture that encourages you to be optimistic, experimental and daring.
First up. We hire humans. Not machines or the electronic piece of paper you applied with.
We’re a small team but growing FAST & expanding our team of designers so that we can create exceptional work that will innovate, excite and amuse. Enthusiasm is paramount in this role - we’re looking for someone who gets a kick out of surprising and delighting our customers at every turn. We love to work collaboratively, so you will thrive off other people’s ideas as well as your own.
We’re looking for someone with a portfolio of work that demonstrates your creative vision as well as your solid rational design thinking - but this is not your average in-house design job. Minor Figures is built by people who question the very notion of 'branding' and reject the dull, traditional practices of the corporate world. If it’s a bit weird, we dig it.
Experience and skills wise, you’ll bring a wealth of experience in all aspects of digital design and content; from e-commerce and emails to producing content for organic and paid social media. You’ll be excited to take our digital spaces to the next level and will be brimming with ideas as to how to do this; pushing boundaries, and creating amazing work in a variety of campaigns across multiple platforms.
Some other key things are:
- A strong portfolio of ideas that demonstrates both a creative and understanding of the latest content trends and formats
- A natural flair for creating video and photography and designed content for social platforms, (in particular vertical, short-form, sound-on video) with a confidence for organising simple shoots and directing people
- Great knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop/After Effects/Premiere Pro)
- As comfortable editing content on Adobe and other pro software as you are on Instagram and TikTok, using in-app tools
- Strong layout and typography skills
- Animation skills (creating animations from scratch but also animating other people’s work)
- Experienced at adapting creative concepts from other designers for digital channels
- A lot of our branding is based around illustration, so the ability to adapt and build on these illustrations with your own illustration skills would be a bonus
- You work fast; understanding the need for content to be current and of the moment
- Awareness and interest in current design and social media trends
- A positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to make your ideas happen
- Excellent at following a brief in a way that is “Minor Figures”
- Great at meeting deadlines set by the Project Manager
- A cracking sense of humour...and if you can also make a good cup of coffee, you’ll fit right in.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We realise that a job is more than just the take home salary each month. So what are you really getting?
As part of the MF team, not only will you have the opportunity to own your role and make it, you and us a success, you’ll also become part of something very special. Minor Figures’ ethos is that everyone is welcome, as long as you leave all hang-ups, social barriers and prejudices at the door.
You’ll embark on a journey that doesn’t have a destination. It just keeps going. Your contribution will help us become the most loved brand on the planet & the number one speciality coffee brand. With that, you’ll grow, develop and progress as we do and you’ll play your part in us having a planet to do this on.
But of course, we’ll look after you in the other ways that you’d expect:
- 25 days holiday allowance
- 30% discount on products from our online shop
- Unlimited one to one coaching sessions with More Happi
- Pension contribution
- All the free coffee and cold brew you can drink!
- Vegan lunches
You’ll be based out of our office in East London. Work from home flexibility is supported but the office will be your base and allow you to bring your energy and creativity to help educate and inspire our team.
The hours of work are 9am - 5.30pm.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At Minor Figures everyone is welcome. We are committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. We celebrate differences and continually support all members of our company to be proud of who they are. In recruiting for our team, we pride ourselves on equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, sex, age, disability, race, religion, sexuality or social class. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness, nothing else.
You’re sold? The coffee is brewing, you’re ready to hit send and sit back and wait for a response?
In order to make that happen:
- Submit your CV, portfolio and a cover letter telling us why you want to work for Minor Figures
Just a heads up, we’re not a traditional team of recruiters and hiring managers. We want to see the human version of you, not just the black & white copy. Our need to find great people needs to be met with a fun and positive recruitment journey, so tell us more about you, however the heck you want.
If you've got any questions about the role or what to chat about what life is really like at Minor Figures, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We value the impact & work recruitment agencies have & do. We have people that have worked within & relied heavily on the support of agencies in their career. That said however, we’d really appreciate it if we didn’t receive any unsolicited or out of the blue applications.
We’re Minor Figures. Founded on a rooftop in 2014 by three friends with a shared love of coffee, MF has since grown into a global brand with a team of over 100 people across the world, with offices in the UK, USA, and Australia. We create plant-based products for coffee lovers, baristas and a better planet. We love teaming up with people as mad about coffee as we are and love nothing more than heading down to their local cafe to enjoy a chat with the friendly & expert barista.
All our products are 100% plant based and vegan friendly with no added sugar. The company is exploding, achieving record sales figures each quarter.
Minor Figures would be nothing without the independent coffee scene and our products can be found in over 4,000 specialty coffee shops worldwide, where we regularly run Freedays and Minor Figures FM events. We’re also expanding fast, with products lining the shelves in major supermarkets in our three core regions and our team achieving record sales figures quarter-on-quarter.
At Minor Figures, we’re passionate about creating a positive impact and we put sustainability at the forefront of everything we do. We’re a 100% carbon neutral and now a B Corp certified company.
We have big plans for the future of MF. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we’re want to welcome creative, curious, free-spirited, bold thinkers to join us to make that happen. Everyone’s invited. We collaborate, improvise, synchronise. We are wholly authentic, uplifting and constructive. Because magic happens when everyone’s vibing and having a good time. We value individuality and we want you to be yourself. If you share our love for coffee and you want every day you spend at work to feel like your first, we’d love to hear from you.