We are seeking talented, self-motivated UX designers/planners to join our expanding team to work/lead a number of international projects.
At Interstate the role of the UX Designer is essential to realising the world-class creative solutions we are known for. The role can be highly conceptual one day through to carrying out code implementation, dealing with producers, coders the next.
Working closely with the other members of the creative tech team and wider studio, the role will involve:
- Producing amazing ideas for our diverse, international clients.
- Originating creative digital concepts for products, digital systems, applications, website and any other type of tech lead project and a wide range of experiential communications.
- Developing concepts into fully working applications.
- Seeing projects through from initial conception to final production.
- Contributing to the wider digital team.
- Understanding the needs of the business and our clients, in a truly entrepreneurial creative consultancy.
The day-to-day role, you will be required to:
You’ll be responsible for generating innovative and creative design concepts for a wide range of brand/digital/experiential/marketing materials which deliver on business objectives and appeal to the relevant audiences.
Develop concepts and prototypes to a good standard across a variety of media.
Take an active part in brainstorms and be confident in contributing. Ideas are to be shared.
Work seamlessly across all type of digital applications with a good understanding of how best to use the relevant creative medium to communicate specific messages.
Manage your workflow efficiently, keeping to deadlines and working alongside the management within the organisation.
Demonstrate good communications skills including the ability to brief internal and external suppliers, (including content producers but also specialist developers).
The ability to present your work and rationale to the team, and when required, to assist with client presentations.
Incorporate a solid understanding of methodologies and technologies
Develop understanding in core technical and programming languages
Work with Figma, MIRO, Keynote, anything that allows you to explain ideas and conceptual thinking into quasi working prototypes.
Never stop learning, always improving
What we are looking for:
That you contribute to the effective, productive and happy running of the studio and internal initiatives. We value your ideas, let’s hear them.
We have high standards and expect a lot, but in return offer an exciting role that you can make your own and could take you to far flung places - this could be just the beginning.
Remember you are creating Ideas that matter for those that dare!!
We believe that to be successful the person has to be right for the role, and that the role has to be right for the person - your approach is as important as the skills you have. Therefore there are some key characteristics we believe you’ll need to flourish with us.
- An inherent passion for design, culture, and creative technologies.
- Enthusiastic and driven with a positive, can-do attitude.
- A pro-active problem solver.
- Confident and keen to take an active and supportive part in brainstorms, name generation etc.
- Ambitious and keen to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Love shaping consumers’ experience and are obsessed with every detail. Self–motivated and a keen team player, whilst also happy to get on with minimal guidance if need be.
- Committed, reliable and flexible, with the ability to handle pressure and keep up in a dynamic environment.
- Love what you do!
- A sense of humour and team spirit always helps!
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills, (including spelling and grammar).
- Attention to detail.
- Confident presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate clarity of thought. Good knowledge of what digital means in every days’ life.
- Comprehensive understanding and love of user experience and current + new technologies.
- Keen interest in the latest visual trends, markets relating to the client base and ever- evolving variety of media applications.
- Appreciation of marketing communications, employee engagement and technical methodologies.
- A good understanding of the digital creative process and required stages. Strong analytical and organisational ability.