The Studio at Hearst UK is looking for an Art Editor to join the team. This position is responsible for the creation of print and digital content which supports commercial projects across all of our Hearst brands – including ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Women’s Health and Harper’s Bazaar.
ABOUT THE ROLE As a member of the art team you will work closely with the Art Director to develop and implement visual content from initial design concept through to the final product. This will include the core magazines and all brand extensions. The right candidate will thrive in a busy workplace and be happy to work at times autonomously and manage their entire production process from initial concepts through to the finished signed-off design. You must be ambitious and able to multi-task whilst juggling many projects, live dates and managing the expectations of all internal and external stakeholders. Creativity and an understanding of print and digital marketing best practice is key to the role. Adhering to the creative strategy and the brand design blueprint, you will create wonderfully imaginative design content.
· Create industry-leading content that thrills and delights our audiences and advertisers
· Work to a unique visual style for each brand that drives home its unique positioning in the mind of the consumer
· Design visuals that perfectly complement editorial content and that follow the house style whilst maintaining the individual style, design and look of each brand
· Work with the Art Director, content Editors and Project Management to ensure all styles and deadlines are met
· Take in amends from clients and have the design knowledge to implement them in the best way whilst keeping true to Hearst brands
· Work with the Art Director to create visual concepts for shoots
· Understand the visual difference of the brands and have a disciplined approach to maintaining their visual identities
· To be fully involved with and cognisant of all aspects of pre-press; namely: colour management, including changing and enhancing colour for press, image manipulation, cut-outs including use of masks, and PDF pre-flighting
· To maintain the high standard of design on the brand, and to look for fresh solutions and ideas
· Contribute as and when is necessary to social and digital content
· View the portfolios of photographers and illustrators and make recommendations to the Art Director
· To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values
· Relevant and demonstrable industry experience within print and digital design – working with brands, advertising and editorial content
· Experience/knowledge of art directing photoshoots
· An active interest in the relevant brands
· Team player
· Organised and methodical approach to work
· Collaborative approach and able to work effectively when under pressure
· Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint and Keynote (knowledge of web design and motion graphics a plus)
· Excellent and continually developed knowledge of design, typography, photography, video and illustration
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
· 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
· Hybrid working – Three days per week in the office
· Discounted gym membership
· Healthcare cash plan
· Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
· Life assurance and pension scheme
· Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people.