M&S Food is changing, and fast! We are undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today to build a bigger, better, fresher food business.
From Percy Pig to the freshest M&S Select Farms produce, we grow, source, and develop our own products to give our customers family-ready food that's unbeatable on flavour and innovation.
We need motivated people who are ready to bring their whole self to work and give it their all in a fast-paced team committed to being the best. After all, this is not just food… This is M&S Food.
We are looking to have a Digital Designer join our team. Working as part of the in-house design team, you will be responsible for crafting assets across email, web, social media and print, ensuring all work is delivered to the upmost standard.
A highly creative, proactive and enquiring individual who will be good at communicating and sharing their ideas and work, whilst also working well as a team and collaborating with others.
What will I be responsible for?
- Owing projects from brief through to final delivery whilst working alongside partners including; Account Managers, Copywriters and Developers
- Crafting engaging email campaigns
- Crafting digital design assets for our website, microsites and digital advertisements
- Working with the social media team to build engaging assets for social media platforms, using animation.
- Working on print projects, including direct mails
- Be responsible for making sure all work is on brand as per our brand guidelines, and being responsible for maintaining channel-specific guidelines where vital
- Having awareness of best practice in designing for web, UX and responsive design
- To bring ideas and approaches, as well as being knowledgeable of current industry trends
- Introduce trends from design, including digital and CRM by sharing best practices from brands & retailers
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Aftereffects)
- Knowledge of UX principles
- Basic knowledge of CSS/HTML
- Experience using Sketch and prototyping tools (an asset, not crucial)
- Highly creative with a good eye for detail
- Passion for design
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative - able to work well independently, as well as within a team
- Collaboration – working with multiple teams and partners
- Ability to balance projects and timelines
- Experience working in retail an advantage
Key relationships and partners:
- Design team
- CRM & Loyalty
- Brand comms – social, online and editorial
- Food & local marketing
- External agencies - Whippet