oio is a creative company on a quest to turn technology into an everyday, approachable, and ultimately sustainable reality. Our ultimate vision is to become a lifestyle consumer brand in the space of creativity, technology and education. Our work is a combination of design consulting, self-initiated commercial projects, and public-facing experiments. We collaborate with visionary companies to imagine and build products and experiences ranging from design and strategy all the way to production and prototyping. Some of our clients inlcude Google, IKEA, Samsung, BMW, but also small startups, innovation units and cultural institutions.
We are looking for a UI and digital graphic designer with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience to join our team full-time in our London office, located near Hackney Wick. We also embrace remote work, so it's not required to be physically in the office every day, most of the oio team works remotely.
You will be working within our design team, supporting both client projects and internal work as the person responsible for the visual production, ultimately contributing to oio’s long-term visual language and brand identity across a wide range of public assets.
We are looking for someone with a strong leaning towards digital (rather than print and analog media), as most of our work is focused on visualising digital products and strategic opportunities through the creation of future scenarios. You’ll be in charge of creating the supporting visual assets, bringing to life interfaces (web, mobile, and devices that don't exist yet), future scenarios, infographics. Even if UI and UX are a strong component of this position, we are looking for a designer with wider horizontal visual production skills who can also support on higher level design assets. It’s not a strictly UX/UI role, as you’ll be working within the wider Design Team in the creation of supporting documents and presentations, ultimately bringing our narratives to life. You will become an essential player in our small team.
Some of your skills and responsibilities include:
- Experience in design and development of assets, documents and presentations
- Solid digital production fundamentals - file formats, typography, device resolutions, etc.
- Enjoy turning complex concepts into clear visuals
- Attention to detail, strong aesthetic, knowledge of typography and layout principles
- Visual mock-ups - bring to life concepts and ideas in a clear and beautiful way.
- Digitally focused, able to design digital interfaces from scratch to work with developers and product managers.
- Experience in designing device screens for web and mobile applications.
- Experience with Figma - the main software we use, you will be using it significantly every day.
- Ability to create simple animations, UI transitions and mockups and GIFs to enrich the communication, using Figma and After Effects.
- Participate in project team meetings and be comfortable presenting ideas and designs
- Maintain accurate files and records
- Manage personal workflow and schedule.
How to apply
Send your portfolio, CV and all the relevant information to:
We're really happy that you are considering joining our team and work with us to push a vision where technology can be human, playful and ultimately good for people and the planet.
Don't get scared when we say interview process...but we think it's good to know what to expect.
Here's is what to expect:
- 👋 Meet and greet (45 min chat and portfolio review) — After you send us your portfolio and CV we will review it and send you an invite to meet us and share a bit about who you are, what you are great at doing and to share some of your past work. In this call we will also answer any questions you have and discuss about joining the team and your role.
- ✏️ A small task (2-hour task to be completed separately) — Once you pass the first step, we'll give you a small task, depending on your position and role, to show how you think and work. It should not take you more than a few hours to complete.
- 🕵️♀️ Getting to details — After you successfully complete the small task we'll be discussing the onboarding details to make you part of our team.