This hybrid role will entail part project management, part account management and part operational management of the studio. As we are a small team, your personality is as important as your skill-set, with everybody contributing to a positive, creative environment.
Reporting directly to the Founder / Creative Director, you will have a vital and integral role, implementing new ideas, finding business opportunities and refining processes and workflows to improve the day to day running of the studio.
You are a strong and experienced communicator, whilst being tactful and diplomatic. You can effectively respond to the clients and the team's needs, and can effortlessly juggle multiple projects and clients.
You think laterally and creatively, you are pragmatic and have the ability to make quick judgment calls, negotiate fees, budgets, timelines and contracts, be intuitive and confident, and maintain your composure at all times.
You are a natural people person that strives to reach the best solution for both client and the studio in tough situations. You think in a holistic and strategic manner, always having the bigger picture in mind.
• Daily project administration across multiple projects, with an emphasis on digital.
• Managing the delivery of digital projects from initial meeting to UX, visual design and build.
• Scope, timeline, quote and contract new projects, ranging from single page sites to year long projects.
• Manage the development process to minimise scope creep and ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
• Deliver thoughtful, routine, comprehensive client updates. Build good relationships with clients and manage stakeholder’s needs and expectations throughout a projects duration.
• Managing the new business pipeline with the founder and actively finding opportunity for opportunities with new or existing clients.
• Drive the improvement of studio processes.
• Manage resourcing and team planning, including external contractors, across multiple projects.
• Manage client billing and following up on payment schedules.
• Studio management and purchases.
• Overseeing effectiveness and financial performance of the business
General HR such as:
• Assisting the recruitment process and staff on-boarding.
• New and existing staff contracts.
• Absence and holiday management.
• 3+ years of experience working in a digital agency or having worked with projects involving digital deliverables.
• An understanding of, and affinity for the creative and technical processes involved in creating digital products.
• Ability to assess, scope, budget, plan, manage, brief, quality control and present.
• Ability to quickly solve problems, recognise bottlenecks in the studio and act upon issues with patience and courtesy
• Experience working on a range of projects and complexities.
• A motivational and inspiring role model for all members of the team
• An active listener, who relates to the needs of the clients, the team and the business
• Strong time-management and communication skills.
• Hands-on and proactive work ethic.
• Expert level communicator, both written and verbal
• Industry experience working in the creative disciplines
• Business acumen
Knowledge or experience using the following software is a bonus:
• Google Docs / Sheets
• Apple Numbers
• Apple Keynote
You will be based in our studio in Shoreditch, London, in a converted Victorian school building within its own grounds. We are also open to flexible part-work from home applications.
YES is an art direction, design and technology studio founded in 2004. We are a diverse 6 strong team in London with a network of collaborators and clients worldwide. The output of the studio covers creative consultancy, art direction, design and production for projects in both digital and physical realms.
Our experience crafting editorial design and typography, in combination with the expansive possibilities of technology, informs the interactive projects we make.
We believe in a rigorous and strategic, design-led approach, with an obsessive attention to detail. We aim to create unique experiences that reflect the values and objectives of the organisations and individuals they represent.
YES have worked closely with some of the biggest names in photography, creative production and image-making to create iconic interactive projects that set standards within the industry.
Our work is often for individuals and organisations in the creative sector — photographers, creative representation agencies, musicians, art galleries, fashion brands and film production companies. Alongside this we work on editorial platforms, web apps and e-commerce projects.
We also create tools and platforms to expand our offering, assist our clients and improve our internal processes. The largest of these projects is a bespoke content management system — YES CMS — designed for those managing large archives of visual material. We also have developed web-based design and presentation tools.
Selected Clients: Loverboy, CLM, Tim Walker, Daniel Sannwald, V&A, Paul McCartney, Warp Records, Sølve Sunsbø, The Society NYC.
Salary dependent on skill-set and experience.
YES is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, creed, disability, or age. We believe a diverse team makes for better work, and we actively hire individuals who are a ‘culture add’ as opposed to a ‘culture fit’.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would be perfect for the role, by 6pm on 28th October, to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies please.