Bakken & Bæck is a technology-driven design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn, and London. Building digital products, brands, and businesses, we help ambitious companies identify, explore and respond to new opportunities.
From defining the future home with IKEA to building decentralized platforms with Coinbase; we are in the business of breaking new grounds. As one international team across offices, we have all the skill-sets needed to help businesses adapt to an increasingly complex world.
We’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of their identity, experiences, and beliefs. We want BB to be a place where you can try out new things with the risk of failing, where you can take ownership over your own work without being micromanaged, and where there’s a low barrier for coming up with ideas — no matter your job title or discipline.
Work-life balance shouldn’t be a perk, but a given. We strongly believe in flexibility, knowing that creativity doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5. At BB you’ll be given a lot of freedom, which means managing your own priorities, trying out new things, and working a flexible hours scheme.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Interaction Designer with a strong focus on spatial interactions (AR/VR/XR) to join our Product Design team. You’ll be responsible for translating early concepts and ideas into engaging and easy-to-use interactions and experiences to help our clients successfully adopt the next computing paradigm. From the very first brief to launch and beyond, you will collaborate closely with the development team and other designers to bring spatial experiences to life.
Your role will focus on all parts of the digital design process — from envisioning and defining new experiences with the team and clients, through iterations and fine-tuning of interactions, all the way until the final documentation and implementation.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys creating innovative experiences, keeps challenging themselves to stay up to date with the technological progress, and loves designing smart and simple solutions for digital products.
It’s important to us that you’re a great team player who can collaborate well with developers, clients, and other designers. As an experienced member of the team, you’ll be keen to help designers from other disciplines get started designing for XR.
As a Spatial Interaction Designer, you will collaborate closely with other disciplines like development, brand, and communications as well as other product designers. You will be responsible for supporting and leading immersive projects throughout initial scoping, defining the direction, and executing.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an interaction designer and/or UX designer.
- Ideally, you’ve spent the majority of your career designing for AR/VR/XR. You have experience designing user flows and interactions for complex spatial interfaces
- Demonstrable experience across all stages of a project from conception, to prototyping, wireframing, polishing and delivering new experiences and shipping valuable features.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulately explain and document your process, present your work and communicate your design decisions to co-workers and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in Figma, and deep knowledge of other tools such as Framer, AfterEffects, and Blender
- Hands-on experience working with one or more 3D engines and/or APIs, such as Unity, Unreal, ARKit/RealityKit is considered a plus, but not a requirement.
- Experience setting up and conducting user tests, and generating valuable insights based on the test results to improve immersive experiences is a plus.
What you can look forward to:
- Doing things together: When not in the midst of a global pandemic we like to get together as often as we can across offices. Yearly trips, meetups, parties, and dinners, or working on interesting projects together.
- Power your own ideas: Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Remote when you need: While it is preferred that you are based in one of our four locations, we are open to remote work as long as you live less than 3 hours from our main timezone (CET), and can travel to one of our offices within about half a day for the occasional project kick-off, workshop or social gathering.
- Parental leave and baby bonus: We got the parents in the company to design our very own “baby kit”, which includes a kr 20.000/€2.000 bonus, so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy: We provide an extensive support package that includes solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment, and a lot more.
- Learning Budget: You'll get an annual allowance of €1.500 to use on courses, classes, or conferences - whatever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.