We are on a mission to transform the art world. As the leading art platform, we empower thousands of galleries, artists and collectors to run and grow their businesses with a suite of inventory, marketing, CRM and website tools. As a mission-driven company, we know it takes a great team to build the future, and we are committed to providing the best structure, resources and quick thinking to help achieve our collective goal. Exciting times lie ahead as we expand into new regions, build new products and create the next generation of tools to help the art world move online—join us!
About the role
Connecting the art world with new online audiences starts with you. As a Digital Designer, you will be vital in helping us create award-winning websites, products and experiences - bringing artists and galleries to life online. You will produce unique, highly original, brand-focused designs that push boundaries whilst delivering human-centric user experiences that inform and delight.
As the primary lead for many of our bespoke website projects, you will lead clients with a fantastic sense of art direction and a vision for how the project will come together. Working collaboratively with our Senior Creative Team, you will own projects from design concept to completion. Using your experience, you will liaise with key internal and external stakeholders, staying organised and juggling multiple projects at one time. You will be adept at guiding and implementing all aspects of your designs, from wireframes to web development, testing and delivery, ensuring the end product meets the high expectation of our studio and clients.
This is an opportunity to truly stretch your legs and show the best of your creative abilities by designing and building the next generation of websites and products for some of the most exciting galleries and artists in the art world.
- A strong and varied portfolio demonstrating slick, conceptual design and a high proficiency of UI design as well as experience working on previous real-world websites or applications
- A good understanding of design tools such as Sketch, Figma or Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present your ideas and intentions clearly and translate feedback into an updated proposal
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage entire projects from start to finish
- Produce designs which are compliant to website accessibility standards where required
Your role is to help scope, plan, brief and design beautiful and robust websites and products for art world clients. Working with senior stakeholders, you will work to achieve design sign-off on high-quality, elegant designs through the process of ideation, consultation and design revision.
- Create website and digital design concepts that compare with the best in the industry
- Work with key stakeholders, senior designers and clients to develop concepts into well-thought-out design presentations and present to senior management and clients
- Carry out the necessary revisions and achieve design sign-off within the project schedule.
- Be the design lead from concept and brief through to client delivery
- Liaise with and guide web developers in implementing your designs, ensuring the end product meets our high standards
- Produce website designs that are carefully considered. They should be brand-aware, creative and innovative while deliverable from a budgetary, technical and scheduling standpoint
- Curate sample content for design mock-ups, ensuring the mock-ups give clients a realistic impression of how content will be displayed on the finished website
- Own the execution of your workload with operational support from project managers
- Introduce sensible design practices that progressively streamline the design and delivery process, improving the efficiency of simple design tasks
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our product offering and understand what can be achieved with the existing technical framework—working within the system's limitations to come up with designs that are realistically achievable within the timescale
- Workshop with clients and key stakeholders to ensure briefs and design concepts are well thought out and projects are set up for success
What we offer
- 35 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) plus long service entitlement
- Flexible working, work from home option (min 2 days in-office per week)
- Company pension scheme
- A focus on continued professional development including access to courses and training programmes
- Cycle to Work scheme & season ticket loans
- Beautiful London offices in a warehouse conversion with showers and secure bike storage
- Regular team and whole company social events
London Office Space
The role is based out of our London office. Our office is in a converted warehouse complex shared with a handful of other friendly creative organisations and a top-notch canteen. The beautiful courtyard area is perfect for post-work socialising and the odd bit of al-fresco working – weather permitting! We are a collaborative and relaxed bunch who enjoy each other’s company both at work and in the pub.
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work, as well as their potential to be developed into the job.
How to apply
Please include on your application:
A link to your portfolio
You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.