We are DS.Emotion.
We make places successful.
We make successful places.
DS.Emotion is a highly innovative, industry leading independent agency who specialise in place making, branding & marketing.
We have over 30 years experience in helping to make the amazing places we work with commercially and socially successful. For us, this means developing authentic place brands that attract and engage with wide and diverse audiences, creating places that make long-term positive changes to people’s lives.
We have branded and marketed some of the UK’s most exciting and inspirational residential and commercial destinations. We’re proud to have won national awards over the years in recognition of our team's hard but rewarding work.
Who we work for
We support our private-sector clients who consist of some of the UK’s most dynamic and influential development companies, land owners and pension funds.
We also run inward investment initiatives and place marketing campaigns for numerous local authorities, LEPs and BIDs, providing brand driven marketing campaigns, events and promotions to advance and promote physical development and economic growth.
The DS.Emotion London team largely supports retail destinations, providing brand and marketing services from digital to physical that really engage our visitors and communities, and ultimately bring the place to life.
Our innovative, creative and strategic teams across the country bring experience and enthusiasm to all projects. We pride ourselves on our industry expertise and the breadth of services we provide for our clients across all channels. Our skills range from brand consultancy, strategy development, campaign creative and digital and physical delivery - including events and activations.
The London team consists of expert account handlers, designers, strategists plus social media and Place Activation (events) teams. We are a small but effective team of 10 marketers who really enjoy our work but who also socialise outside of office hours taking full advantage of all that London has to offer!
The way we shop has transformed over the past few years, and the role of our high streets, city centres and shopping destinations has changed as a result. It is our job to ensure that the places we market not only keep up with the changing retail landscape, but set the trends for others to follow. We create place activation programmes to ensure that our destinations offer a 360 experience over and above a traditional shopping trip. We have won awards for our independent pop up strategies, our fundraising Pride events and community engagement activities.
Our Designers are responsible for delivering a range of creative solutions including (but not limited to); place brand identities, destination magazines, social media content as well as on-site POS and signage.
We are looking for candidates with self-motivation who are excited to get stuck in. You will need to have excellent accuracy and attention to detail. You will also need excellent communication skills and the ability to spin multiple plates!
Successful candidates will be able to both give and take direction working within a close-knit, busy team and also work effectively in silo. We are looking for an innovative and hard-working professional who can get going from day one.
- Brand Identity work
- Brand Guidelines & Brand Books design
- Magazine design & development
- Campaign design & development
- Social media content design
- Window vinyl & POS design & artworking
- Contributing to team & client brainstorms
- Emailers, newsletters, basic web design
- Artworking for print, signage, wayfinding
- Presentation, pitch & creds docs design
- Sourcing and editing photography
- Seeing all creative through to artwork stage
Skills and Experience:
- Degree educated (2:2 and above)
- Knowledge of Google Slides highly preferable
- 3-4 years experience in relevant role
- Brilliant with Type
- Experience designing magazines highly preferable
- Exposure to designing for digital is essential
- Exposure to designing for Social Media is preferable but not essential
- Proficiency in video and/or motion design is preferable but not essential
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have attention to detail
- Impeccable time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach
What we can offer you
- Work in a creative environment as part of growing and ambitious team of specialists
- 20 days annual holiday, increasing annually after two years to 25 plus our office closes for Christmas
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Private Health Care
- Use of apple equipment
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Ongoing training and career development
- Flexible working policy
- Regular, varied (and fun!) staff socials