Based in: London / Berlin / NYC
The Editor-in-Chief is a critical position, instrumental in defining and delivering RA’s overall editorial strategy.
In a time when our industry has been devastated by the pandemic, it is crucial that the Editor-in-Chief can empathise with and identify the people, organisations and stories that merit reporting. They will be instrumental in representing both the historical context and future of the scene in a way that’s rooted in electronic music’s Black and queer foundations.
The successful candidate will positively impact our industry, ensuring the representation of a wide range of artists and local scenes. As we adapt to ever-evolving media consumption, it's important that the Editor-in-Chief keeps RA at the forefront of what is happening in electronic music while representing the company's values and thinking innovatively about new approaches to music journalism.
The Editor-in-Chief will closely manage the editorial leaders to ensure individual focus in delivering objectives and keep the team working together as a highly productive and motivated unit.
As the leading electronic music platform, reaching tens of millions of people every year, we are seeking a diverse breadth of applicants to fill one of the most important editorial positions in electronic music, and consequently guiding it into its next era.
- Ownership of the creation and execution of the company’s editorial strategy including:
Music coverage and reviews
Podcasts and audio
RA Picks and event coverage
- Ownership of the delivery of the publication’s commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion across all editorial output.
- Set, assign and track RA's editorial content targets across in line with the company's approach to diversity and inclusion.
- Working with relevant teams, evolving all aspects of content on-site and adjacent platforms, ensuring RA continues to meet the needs of the electronic music community.
- Leadership and management of the editorial team with ultimate responsibility for the continued development of every member of the team.
- Drive the development of new and existing audiences through the use of data both on and offsite.
- Ensure RA's voice and content represents our audience and community in terms of who and what we cover and amplify.
- Ensure RA maintains and upholds its editorial integrity at all times.
- Keep up to speed with editorial and electronic music industry developments, investing time into music and event discovery. Form an opinion on as many key releases as possible.
- Monitor and maintain all aspects of the editorial budget, and management of the annual department goals
- Sourcing and attracting new and diverse contributors to RA ensuring they are representative of the company and the future makeup of the community.
- Work with the Head of Content to ensure contributors in local scenes are being utilised effectively.
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place for both the community and staff to communicate with the editorial team.
- Identify ways to allow the editorial team to participate in and contribute to company culture and community initiatives.
- Maintain a strong network throughout the electronic music community.
- Our passion is our profession.
- We are independent and we support independence.
- We support local scenes.
- We treat dance music as an art form.
- We champion the values of acceptance that underpin dance music culture.
- We care about the past, present and future of electronic music.
- We choose honesty over gain.
- We're always front left.