ORCA is a purpose-driven challenger brand agency based in Bristol. We empower brands to be better through emotive-driven brand and digital strategy services. We aim to create lasting change, challenge perceptions and deliver results.
We believe in culture first, which in turn encourages great design, happy people and long-standing client relationships. We support collaboration and personal expression, encouraging the team to challenge themselves daily and try new things. We have built a fun, enjoyable and relaxed working environment, and we believe this is reflected in the quality of our work.
We are committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion within the business.
ORCA seeks a creative, engaged and passionate designer - with experience in brand, animation and digital design. We’re looking for a designer who is bursting at the seams with creative energy. With a wealth of new brand opportunities kicking off in 2022, we’re looking to add a brilliant, driven, budding designer to the team. This is a full time, permanent position.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about brand, animation and digital design
- Eager to learn, ask questions and get involved
- Able to present your ideas clearly and articulately
- Excellent at creative thinking and problem solving
- Good with time management and task prioritisation
- Detail obsessed
- Able to talk confidently about their work
What you’ll do:
- Receive a creative brief and run with it; injecting your own creative ideas and flair
- Create a series of concepts and assets for brand identity, digital, animation and campaign projects
- Create ongoing design assets and concepts for our retained clients
- Follow direction and guidance from your senior team
- Discuss your ideas and concepts in a passionate and compelling way
- Show a willingness to listen to feedback (from both the accounts team and design team) and use to improve
- Attend client meetings and creative presentations when required
What you’ll bring:
- Some previous experience in a creative studio environment, be that Intern or Junior level
- A proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite - any other software such as Figma, Cinema 4D etc. is a major bonus
- A insatiable curiosity and huger to develop
- An understanding of brand process
- A rounded knowledge of the creative environment - we want to see designers who are active in the community, be that members of design forums, active speakers and bloggers or design talk geeks! Bring us your insight!
*Remember, this is just a guide! If there’s something in this list you can’t yet do, no drama, you can learn and flourish here!
What you’ll get in return:
- 21 days annual holiday your birthday and the Christmas shutdown period off
- Private healthcare - including dental, optical, audiological and mental health care
- Training and personal development budget to further benefit your skill-set and career, including topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Company pension scheme
- In-house and remote working opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual tickets to creative events, talks and festivals
- Team away days
- Published wage brackets
- Annual salary increases to reflect inflation as well as performance increases
- Employee referral scheme with cash incentives
- Monthly team lunches
- Mentorship, guidance and room to progress in a fun, creative and encouraging environment
There is great potential for the right person to grow with us, becoming a Mid-Weight Designer over time, with a commensurate increase in salary .