We are looking for an energetic and driven Finance Manager to join our growing team at FOUND. You will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the company, whilst also working closely with the Production department to drive the growth of the business.
You’re an expert in Xero and Excel, are QBE or part-qualified (with potential study support as part of your package) and ideally have experience working in a production, animation or design environment where revenue is predominantly project-based.
You’ll be the owner and the main point of contact for our Production team, suppliers and client’s financial teams. Responsible for timely and accurate completion of your weekly, monthly and annual financial tasks and activities. Alongside this, you’ll support the Managing Director and Finance Director on projects and tasks where required.
Key responsibilities of this role
• Production of monthly management P&L and balance sheet pack with oversight from Finance Director
• Provide necessary weekly, monthly and quarterly operational reporting to the Managing Director and Finance Director including time analysis, revenue analysis and project profitability.
• Work closely with Production to cover all WIP maintenance, ensuring client set-ups, billing and costs and time are up to date
• Identify and escalate issues within the project teams to our Finance Director as appropriate
• Manage the payment of all freelancers & suppliers
• Preparation of payroll to payroll bureau & pension administration
• Quarterly VAT returns
• Weekly cash flow reporting
• Liaise with auditors for statutory accounting
• Preparation of R&D accounting
• Work closely with the Head of Production and other Producers to encourage collaboration and the sharing of best practice
• Ensure sign-off procedures are adhered to, checking and acquiring sign-off for work before progressing
• Be able to substitute for the Finance Director in internal meetings if they are unavailable
• Work with Managing Director on ad hoc reports and projects
• Highly organised self-starter, diplomatic and professional
• Able to communicate at all levels within client businesses
• Ability to think on your feet and make decisions, whilst finding practical and cost-effective solutions
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Dedicated, passionate and unflappable
• Self-motivated with a desire to contribute to the company as a whole
• Excellent Excel, Sheets, Xero and (ideally) WorkflowMax skills
You might be someone in a small independent environment wanting to make a move into a different size business or looking to take a step up into a more senior role, with more responsibility and autonomy.
This role is full-time and will be based in our Farringdon studio in London. We are currently working remotely but will be moving to a flexible mix of studio / remote working from September.
FOUND is a growing, dynamic company with an open, warm and inclusive culture. that strives to nurture and develop everyone in the team. We offer salary depending on experience, 20+ days holiday per year plus Christmas shutdown, the ability to work flexibly, annual appraisals and personal development plans, monthly 121s, being part of the company bonus and pension schemes, sabbaticals after 5 & 10 years and your own training budget. We also work with Ecologi to offset our business and teams’ carbon footprints, meaning every one of our staff members is climate positive.
These are exciting times - we’d love you to join us.