Hello, we’re Impero.
We’re an independent, award-winning, design focused creative agency.
We work with high profile, global brands such as The Glenlivet, Havana Club & Chivas, Corona, Budweiser, Mikes Seltzer, Nature Valley, Ugg, Unicef, Danone, and a bunch of others.
We’re pretty good at what we do. In 2018 we won five Agency of The Year(s) including The Drum DADI Agency of the Year. We were also shortlisted as Campaign Independent Agency of the Year. And, this year made it onto the Campaign Mag 100 best places to work.
Next, we have our sights set on a D&AD and/or Cannes Lion.
There’s about 40 of us (not including the dogs) — but that number grows all the time because we’re still young, ambitious, and do great work.
We’re also 70% female with a 50/50 gender split on the senior team. We proudly have
100% pay parity and it kind of annoys us that we even have to mention that as something that’s unique within this industry.
We gladly do things differently. We‘re super ambitious, brutally honest, and always deliver.
We don’t really like the ‘Old Guard’ of advertising. Working here is a hell of a lot of fun.
This is a growing agency, we’re looking for a Senior Designer who wants to be part of and help drive that growth.
Your primary goal is to ensure Impero’s design work continues to be the award-winning work we are infinitely proud of.
This means bringing the highest level of technical skills and ownable styles to the table. You should be willing to try new things, learn new skills, and break norms. You’ll inspire other team members to produce equally great work.
Senior/Lead Designers should be proficient at handling design software and are confident to create concepts and visualize the idea. You should not only be able to handle client meetings, but receive briefs (written and verbal) and understand how their design work fits into the broader picture of the client’s brand communications.
Senior/Lead Designers should have initiative. Whether it’s to pick up management responsibilities, suggest new ways to improve workflows, or just ensure the team’s wellbeing.
Seniors should have good relationships with the rest of their team members, and be able to assimilate jobs down to them. You must also be a team player — sometimes you will need to support the juniors in their day-to-day work, or make a round of tea. You should also be able to comfortably work with other departments, supporting or leading where necessary. You must be a good communicator.
Your goals for year one:
- Be involved in one project to win a big award.
- Be involved in three pitch wins.
- Be design lead on two projects, and present it to clients.
- Receive 80% positive feedback in your annual 360° reviews.
The type of people we want to meet:
If you live and breathe branding and design, we want to meet you. But above all, you must embody our core values and fit within our culture. We want to meet you if you...
- Have 5 years minimum agency experience.
- Have excellent knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, InDesign, Microsoft and Keynote.
- Have experience with Cinema 4D and any render engine would be a nice bonus.
- Have high levels of integrated design skills including digital, OOH, motion, and print
- Have amazing design skills and a strategic mind.
- Have management experience in developing other team members — and are keen to continue doing so!
- Have a strong understanding of design trends and how to harness them.
- Deliver projects from concept to production within required time frames.
- Have good communication and presentation skills in selling your ideas, be it to your team or to clients.
- Are able to problem solve and bring solutions to the table.
- Are proactive and committed to developing your own knowledge and skills.
- Are unafraid to roll up your sleeves and muck in.
- Are organised and self-disciplined, with an ability to multi-task and consistently.
- Have meticulous attention to detail and are driven, motivated.
- Have a can do attitude and a bit of the ol’ entrepreneurial spirit.
- Are interested in being involved in the growth of the business as a whole.
The perks of working at The Mighty Impero include:
To be part of something special — this is an exciting growing agency with no board of directors, or shareholders to report to.
- Hybrid working - giving you the option to work from home, or from our offices.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity police
- Life Assurance.
- Income protection.
- Extra holiday every year you work for us.
- The ability to stamp your mark on an organisation – and not just be a cog in the machine.
- Regular breakfasts with the whole team.
- Seasonal company parties.
- Annual personal development plan and training budget for your own growth.
- A ‘yes work’s important, but let’s not get too serious’ vibe.
- A distinct lack of bureaucracy or politics.
- Ownership over your own projects whilst enjoying an inclusive environment.
- Beer. Gin. Rum. Cognac. Whiskey. Snacks. (Working with our clients has added perks).
This is an awesome place to work. We are in control of our own destiny. But it means we’re the only ones that can deliver it. We’re all massively ambitious and hard working. But it’s also fun.
We all get along, there is no politics, just heaps of passion. We’re the creative industry’s new guard. And it’s awesome.