About For Different
We support projects that make a positive impact on the world.
For Different is a creative studio passionate about building brands, digital products and ventures. We blend strategic thinking, design and technology to transform how people experience brands, products and services.
Borne from venture building; we apply this thinking to help large organisations move and think like start-ups and digital innovators. And to help new ventures and scale-ups get to market fast and build the presence of big brands.
Based in the heart of London’s Innovation District, our team of creative thinkers is growing quickly, and looking for a Midweight Designer to join us.
You will sit at the heart of the studio's output working alongside great minds to design and deliver work across a range of projects. Bringing ideas, energy, and your skills to any task across brand, print and digital.
- Generating ideas with strong conceptual foundations.
- Preparing and presenting work, putting together materials for pitches, presentations, and workshops.
- Taking responsibility to hit deadlines and always being mindful of timings.
- Supporting team members across the design and client service teams to meet collective goals.
- Managing external suppliers to ensure they deliver to our high creative standards.
- Being culturally connected, understanding new waves and trends. Attending events, exhibitions, and connecting to universities and design institutions.
- Actively contributing to FD culture.
Who are we looking for
A Midweight who has a passion for design and a willingness to learn and collaborate in an exciting and growing team.
You are a bright and enthusiastic communicator able to pitch ideas to key stakeholders across the business and to effectively collaborate with your senior designer and head of creative to achieve the team’s overall vision.
You will bring positive energy and a creative point of view to the brand community and be a pivotal creative team member.
Key skills and qualities
- 3+ years of industry experience with proven skills and competencies. You must also show an ability to learn and develop.
- You are experienced with typography, colour, layout, and imagery and know how to bring these elements together to embody a brand’s personality, voice, and values.
- Ability to flex and work within any industry, with any type of client, anywhere in the world (from startups to corporations to schools and beyond).
- You’ve got the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through revisions while paying keen attention to detail.
- You manage your time effectively, maintain responsibility for your projects and ensure they always run smoothly.
- Have some experience in digital design operations and practices.
- Experience in animation is a bonus.
- Curiosity, generosity, and kindness.
If you feel as though you don’t meet all of the requirements listed, but are still interested we encourage you to apply. We’re looking for talented and friendly people more so than ticking boxes.
What we can offer you
- £25,000 - £30,000 salary PA, depending on your Experience. It is also worth mentioning that we have an open salary policy.
- Pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous holiday package plus your birthday off
- Flexible working
- Annual team away day, summer party, and Christmas party
- Opportunity to learn and grow with mentoring packages and monthly learning sessions
- Monthly team socials for calm and collaboration
- Monthly team social celebrating the wins
- An amazing like-minded team to work with
The not-so-small print
- You must include a link or attached (under 30Mb) portfolio of relevant work.
- You'll be expected to work on-site three days per week Tue/Wed/Thu, with remote working Mon/Fri
- Applicants must have the right to work within the UK.
- We're very sorry to say that due to a high volume of candidates, we will only respond to those shortlisted for interviews, but thank you in advance for reaching out.