Probation is an artist represention agency with an exclusive roster of highly creative photographer/directors. Since our launch in 2011, our artists have delivered stills and motion campaigns for the likes of Apple, Nike, Google, Peloton, Uber, Adidas and Depop to name a few.
Probation has a unique offering in that we are partnered with OB42, a company with a rich history of representing award-winning directors for commercials, content and music videos. This alliance gives both companies incredible visibility, allowing us to develop our photographers’ moving image work and utilise a shared full service production division that can support every level of integrated projects.
We currently have an opening for an experienced, driven and ambitious Senior Artist Agent to join our team. We are looking for a dynamic, creative and sales-focussed individual with strong connections in the advertising and brand worlds, as well as a keen interest in photography/film and passion for nurturing new talent.
This is a full time position and a great opportunity to make your mark on a growing company, working closely with our founder/managing agent at the central London office we share with the wider OB42 team.
Salary package will depend on experience and will be a combination of base salary plus commission.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Securing commercial opportunities within advertising, lifestyle, sport, entertainment, music, and fashion.
- Providing concise and creative long term sales strategies for photographers’ career development including support for editorial and personal projects.
- Conducting in-person and online portfolio meetings both solo and alongside the managing agent.
- Negotiating artist fees and usage.
- Creating tailored PDFs and presentations ahead of meetings and in response to briefs.
- Curating and maintaining physical photography portfolios.
- Regularly communicating with our artists, maintaining their schedules and juggling conflicting options.
- Advising photographers and directors on their creative treatments.
- Liaising with freelance producers and suppliers from initial budgeting process through to shoot completion (NB: this is not a producer role, but an understanding of production is essential).
- Socialising at industry events and exhibitions.
- Recognizing and attracting potential new photography talent to the roster.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced within photography or similar creative industry (minimum 2 years). NB: Artist representation experience preferred but not essential.
- Strategic in their approach to both new business and artist development.
- Passionate about photography and moving image.
- Extremely pro-active and able to work independently and collaboratively within our wider team.
- Dynamic, results-driven and resilient in a highly competitive market.
- Able to demonstrate proven success in attracting new business and maintaining client relationships.
- Knowledgeable and informed about the landscape of the photography and advertising industries.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org