Cats are undeniably champions of the Internet. They're cute, hilarious, and can be jerks, so honestly what's not to love? But, while they've been getting the recognition they deserve online, they've been left by the wayside in the pet food industry, with legacy FMCG companies opting to offer variations of dog food for them rather than providing food formulated for their dietary needs - did you know they're obligate carnivores, so a high meat diet is a biological necessity?
Who We Are
Simply put, we're putting cats and their people first.
Giving cats the best possible Fresh cat food, as well as world-first personalised health and wellness initiatives, we're dedicated to helping your cat live their best nine lives. We're not stopping there because we know who puts the food on the table (even if they sometimes forget to appreciate it). That's why we're also dedicated to giving cat people a community of information, stories, and fun to delight in and return to again and again.
We want to give cats and their people the best experience, which is why we're thrilled that we have science on our side; we've got a board certified vet nutritionist, a nutrition scientist, and we've chucked in a couple of in-house vets for good measure. We also have an in-house production team, so we're making sure our perfectly portioned pouches are up to KatKin standards every step of the way.
At the heart of it, we make the best Fresh food for cats, and we want it to be accessible and affordable for every cat person. Cats are family, after all.
As bastions of content themselves, we want you to take inspiration from cats and produce captivating and shareable content and keep building our community out. We want our cat people to know that we are the go-to brand for anything and everything cat related.
You'll run your own department, and work directly with one of our co-founders, Nikki. And you'll get to spend massive chunks of your day looking at cat photos.
You'll structure and build content plans across online and offline channels; this ranges from social media, live events, our blog (the Yarn), our forum, and working with brand ambassadors. All in the name of delighting our customers!
You’ll be able to switch effortlessly and often between strategic planning, creating content that brings KatKin to life, and engaging with cat people.
This is a hands-on role and your ownership includes:
- Engaging with our early community (the KatKin Club)
- Generating newsworthy content and event ideas which also includes planning, scheduling and occasionally writing across the following:
- Social Media organic brand and community content
- KatKin Yarn (our blog)
- Regular and ad hoc community events
- Chatter (our forum) + future channels...
- Proactively producing and sharing fresh content and generating a buzz
- Organising and managing the delivery of content from contributors
- Finding, onboarding and managing KatKin ambassadors relationships to help spread our reach
- Tracking content performance and feeding learnings back into the team
- Taking a holistic view of content across a range of touchpoints
- Working with our small team of incredible minds to bring content to life
- Working with a Co-Founder on an exciting pipeline project
Who you are
- You're a cat person and your cat is one of the family
- You've got hustle, get your hands dirty and you're not afraid to try new things
- You’re well-organised and get things done quickly
- You’re passionate about beautiful, thoughtful and engaging content
- You’re comfortable in the spotlight and get a kick out of throwing events
- You can work at pace and thrive under tight deadlines
- You can work independently and also collaborate well in a team
- Integrity, transparency and directness are non-negotiable values to you
Nice to haves
- You've previously worked in a DTC startup
- You’ve helped bring together and grow a community in an authentic way
- You’re comfortable creating content and have some skills and interest in either design, photography, video editing, illustration and/or copywriting
What we offer
- Competitive salary and new MacBook
- Career defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling a community, fast
- Opportunity to build your experience across a range of community channels
- Real ownership and the freedom to try out new, sometimes crazy ideas
- No egos and a small close-knit team
- 25 days holiday every year
- Discount for fresh, KatKin meals