Senior Branding Designer
About Mother Design
Mother Design is an independent Branding and Design Studio, part of the Mother Family spanning London, NY, LA, Shanghai and Singapore. We have a diverse portfolio of work and family of clients, brought together by a shared desire to make the best work we possibly can.
Mother Design work with global brands big and small, from the likes of Facebook, Nike and BBC to Nursem, Plenish and Nuud. We know that no two clients are the same, which is why we have no house style or magic formula, but rather an ambition to use design to break through the sea of sameness and create a brand language that is distinctive, relevant and true to the community it serves, placing brands in the hearts, homes, phones and screens of real people.
What we do
Brand Strategy, Brand Architecture, Brand and Product Naming, Brand Identity Systems, Motion & Animation Design, Front End Design, User Interaction, Sonic Design, Art Direction, Packaging Design, Experiential Design.
About the role
We're looking for a senior branding designer to join our expanding team based in Shoreditch, with exciting cross-sector clients from all over the world. You will work across multiple projects, collaborating with other designers, strategists, and project management. Senior branding designers at Mother Design play a core role in the creative leadership, with plenty of opportunities to shape project outcomes and influence the direction of the studio. This is a chance to create exciting work, grow creatively, and develop leadership skills, all within a talented, passionate and supportive team.
Our studio is open Mon-Fri, however we currently operate a flexible working policy which means the team are only required to come in on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Our dream hire is an accomplished, multidisciplinary branding designer with a broad understanding of visual design systems and ample experience of working in a creative/brand agency. You’ll have strong conceptual and strategic skills, have a full understanding of the design process and the ability to take a project from initial concept, to final expression. From working with strategists, creating compelling concepts, to creating guidelines you should be able to see branding systems from a holistic perspective. Obsessed with typography and with a keen eye for Art Direction, you exude creative flair and passion, which compliments your interest in broader visual/digital culture and eagerness to learn new skills.
- Ample experience in a similar Branding Design position
- Apple Mac User
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with cloud based collaborative software such as Figma and Miro
- Experience with presentation software such Keynote, Pitch, and Google Slides
- Excellent research and presentation skills and the ability to confidently articulate ideas
- Creative flair and proven experience in creating compelling visual identities
- Self-motivation and an ability to work independently as well as part of a team,
- Confident in presenting ideas internally and to client
- Experience of managing more junior members of a team
- Experience of working on commercial branding system projects as well as smaller identities.
- Strong understanding of web usability and accessibility, digital trends and how websites are put together
- Strong knowledge of digital and print best practices/guidelines
- Knowledge of video and motion software would be a benefit but not essential (motion graphics, animation, film etc)
- Knowledge of UI and UX would be a benefit but not essential
- Right to work in the UK/EU