Our mission 🚀
Bud's mission is simple. We're here to create the world’s most compelling financial data products. The products we're building are used by some of the world's most prestigious institutions to help millions of their customers take control of their finances.
We recently raised $80m in our Series B so you’ll be joining us at a really exciting time as we expand into new markets and invest heavily into the business.
As our Visual Designer, you’ll work with the Head of Design, Brand Designer, Head of Marketing and Sales; bringing to life our technology through presentations, reports, digital ads and our website. You will grow into the role and help us with our ambition to build a world-class brand in the B2B space.
What impact you will make
You will be responsible for the creation of our outbound content, working with the brand to tell the story of how our technology works in real life. As part of a multi-functional design team including researchers and product designers you will also contribute to the brand language and design system here at Bud.
A bit about you
- Experienced in creating design solutions using Adobe Creative suite products and Figma
- Have a strong eye for typography and composition
- Can show a portfolio of work, ranging from digital to print – you’re able to present your design concepts clearly
- Have examples of how you have used design to visually describe something complicated to make it simple to understand
- Have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in-house or agency side
- An understanding of user interface design
- An understanding of responsive web design and best practices
- You’re interested in culture today – from arts, lifestyle and fintech. We want someone who is able to talk to the different styles of graphic design that exist around us today
What we consider as a plus
- You’ve worked for or with a fintech before, and have a basic understanding of Open Banking technologies
- You have a genuine interest in personal finance; you use finance apps to help with your money management
- You’ve used After Effects, and might have some basic animations to show. Bonus points if you have used Lottie files before
- You’re able to prototype in Figma and have worked with a design system using components and auto-layout.
First three months
- Get started straight away working with the Brand Designer to understand what work needs to be done
- Immerse yourself in the finance industry and the fintech marketplace
- Support the Marketing and Commercial team to build assets and campaigns
- Be familiar with the brand and deliver consistent brand messaging throughout collateral
- Start to understand our technology and how we talk about it internally and externally
Within six months
- Work with the brand designer to create brand assets such as illustrations, animations and graphics.
- Start to think about the effectiveness of our campaigns, presentations and website
- Have a good grasp of how our tech works - what APIs are used for products, how they deliver outcomes to our clients and how we package/sell them
- Begin to share your work internally in the weekly design critiques
- Knowledge sharing – training, coaching, presenting – for internal teams on how to use slides and assets, brand correctly
- Help to shape the future direction of the brand as we scale globally
Working in the Design team at Bud
Bud is a tech company solving highly technical problems, but user experience, design and value to end users is close to our hearts. It’s what drives us. Our designers work in across the business, but we still remain a close team, always looking for opportunities to collaborate closely and do pair design as much as possible. We have weekly design critiques that are open to the company to help foster a strong design culture.
Read more about what it’s like to work as a designer at Bud here - https://design.thisisbud.com/
A bit more about us
We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
We believe that diversity will make us better.
Bud’s mission is to make the money part of people’s lives simple. To get there, we need a workforce that is diverse as the people we create our products. This means we need people who have different backgrounds and experiences, who are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and ways of thinking. We truly believe that these differences will make us grow as a company and a team. We strive to create a workplace and culture where our people are empowered, supported, given equal opportunities and can bring their authentic selves to work.
We offer competitive salaries in line with industry benchmarks, set using extensive market data. We review salaries on an annual basis to make sure we continue to reward people well for their contributions at Bud. We have benchmarked this role £30,000-£40,000
Anyone joining Bud is granted stock options and the opportunity to invest in what we are building and developing, and to get to share in our future successes.
Wellbeing Allowance 🏋️♀️🧘♂️
We understand how important it is to look after your physical and mental health, and also that this looks different for everyone. To support this, Bud has a £50 flexible wellbeing allowance which can be used towards your own wellness, whether that’s a gym membership, mental health app subscriptions, massages or something else!
Learning & Development 📚
As part of our commitment to developing our people, all employees at Bud have an annual £500 pot available to use towards their learning and development - think books, courses & events - the choice is yours.
We also have quarterly R&D days, giving you the opportunity to take a break for 2 days from live projects and work on something that’s inspired you, either independently or as part of a collaborative team.
Flexible Working ⏳
As a trusted member of Bud, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to manage your time and routine in a way that suits you, and your team, allowing you to deliver your best work.
Time Off 🏖️
We’re a team that likes to work hard, so we need to make sure we balance this with time to rest and relax. We offer 25 days holiday, plus the usual bank holidays, plus additional time off over the holiday season.
We want to make sure everyone is set up to work effectively and comfortably - so you’ll get to choose your own kit, including any additional equipment you might need to work from home.
We’re big on keeping Bud a social place to work, with big quarterly events (we throw an epic summer party), regular team socials & monthly company breakfasts. This year we’ve stepped up our virtual social scene with quiz nights, virtual cocktail making, book clubs, and online workouts.
We are big advocates of sustainable transport and travel, and are members of a cycle to work scheme. We also have season ticket loans available.
We believe in helping our staff save for retirement, with Bud matching pension contributions up to 5%.