We are seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our team to be based in our Sheffield Studio. This role would suit someone local to Sheffield looking to step up and begin the next stage in their graphics career.
We are a UK & Ireland practice with strong connections across all of our studios in Sheffield, Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast, Cardiff and London. We work collaboratively as one team structured by sector, sharing resources, knowledge and skills. Ranked as one of the top 25 largest practices in the UK this year, other recent accolades include:
- No. 24 in the Best Companies Top 100 Best Large Sized Companies to work for 2022
- Winner Building Awards: Architectural Practice of the Year 2022
- Winner Building Awards: Every Person Counts, the people strategy award 2022
- Winner AJ100 Sustainability Champion of the Year 2022
- Winner AJ100 Awards Employer of the Year Award 2021
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to join our established and creative Marketing and Bid Team to continue to build our strong brand position within the built environment.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the ideal candidate will be a highly creative enthusiastic individual with an energy and drive for supporting growth and achieving positive outcomes. A strong background in building brands is a must for this role as is a an ability to manage a varied and fast-paced workload.
A passion for the built environment and architecture is essential for this role. You will be inspired by the impact your role can have on the built environment and be confident working within a team of senior professionals, leading the marketing communications in your region with the aim of growing market share. You will be able to manage your own time, prioritising tasks and frequently working on multiple projects at any one time.
In return, you will be supported in your career progression and enrolled on the HLM Academy our own internal learning pathway as well as encouraged to seek out external courses that will help build your knowledge and skillset.
- Ensure brand consistency and quality control of all graphic output
- Develop fresh ways to visually communicate HLM to a wide range of audiences keeping the brand front of mind with new and existing clients
- Design high-quality marketing assets across a wide range of media (web, email, video, print, Power Point, social media, event collateral etc)
- Collaborate with other creatives in the architectural design teams to ensure a common vision and consistent branding
- Collaborate with Marketing Executives to create impactful marketing campaigns
- Presenting final design concepts, including specifications for images, colours, text and layout in line with brand guidelines
- Identify and keep up to date with design multimedia trends and the latest developments in software tools
- Drive the evolution of the brand through style guides, templates, iconography, typography, illustrations, and visual imagery
- Manage all project photography, working closely with external photographers and project teams to create the photography brief
- Lead on the appearance and presentation of content on the HLM website and suggest improvements that will enhance the client journey
- Manage and maintain database of photographic images, digital library and ensure all HLM collateral is of the highest quality
- Work with any external agencies on external production of artwork
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree level qualification in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Experience of working in an architectural practice an advantage
- Proven skills in preparing and managing work of the highest quality; highly computer literature using the latest, industry standard design software both on and off-screen
- Proven digital knowledge of social media platform requirements including Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn as well as experience of CMS website design
- Experience in videography or the desire to enhance your skill base and learn this
- Creative flair, originality, imagination and strong visual sense
- Professional attitude, ability to work to tight time frames, high level of attention to detail with good interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Self-motivated, good team player, pro-active approach
We offer a blended work model with a flexible approach to studio and remote working, along with a friendly studio environment, an award-winning lifestyle package, and a commitment to your personal development through the HLM Academy. We are also an Employee Owned Trust, which means our employees have a sense of ownership, a say in our direction and are rewarded for the part they play in our future success.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) is at the core of our business. We advocate equal opportunities, creating an inclusive working environment for all. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different mode please contact our HR team for assistance.
If you think this role could be for you, please apply via our website.
Those shortlisted will be contacted.
HLM Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to apply
Please apply via our website: https://careers.hlmarchitects.com/jobs/3328205-graphic-designer
Click 'apply for this job' on the webpage for Graphic Designer.