Junior Art Director
KOIBIRD is seeking a talented and driven Junior Art Director to spearhead the ecom shoot process and oversee daily content creation for our brand. Reporting to the Director of Creative Studio, you will have the exciting opportunity to bring the KOIBIRD creative vision to life by directing ecommerce shoots and content output across digital channels, with a focus on ecommerce and social video.
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of imagery and aligning creative content with the brand's aesthetic. We're seeking a dynamic individual who possesses both a creative and commercial mindset, and who prioritizes the customer in all decision-making.
As the Junior Art Director, you will take ownership of implementing and developing on-brand content, utilizing your keen eye for creative, design, copy and concept development. If you're passionate about producing innovative and visually stunning content, while balancing the needs of the business, we want to hear from you! Join our team and help shape the future of KOIBIRD.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Art directing shoots and content output across digital channels, with strong focus on ecommerce shooting and social video.
• Managing ecommerce shoot process from beginning to end; from commissioning creative teams, briefing photographers, to directing shoots and casting, putting together call sheets and risk assessments, overseeing retouching and ensuring all assets are delivered on time and to budget.
• Assisting with production element of larger shoots and campaigns.
• Supporting with content creation for social media with strong focus on video.
• Collaborating with the Director of Creative Studio and Social Media Manager in developing social video concepts and bringing them to life using in house talent and resources.
• Ensuring all creative output is in keeping with the overarching brand's aesthetic and meets project requirements, providing direction, guidance and mentorship to designers and freelance photo/video teams where applicable.
• Developing brand guidelines for visual output communicating with buying, digital team, and the senior members of the business to ensure successful rollout.
• A strong creative portfolio of previous work including key digital and social examples
• Awareness of current trends and top creative talent – photographers, DOPs, etc
• Have a keen interest and deep knowledge of fashion and design
• Good working knowledge of Adobe Suite including Premiere and/or After Effects
• Background in design and/or video art direction preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills
• Process driven, attentive to detail and able to deliver multi-faceted projects in a timely manner
• A 'can-do' attitude
• Confident presenting ideas internally
• Flexibility and ability to cope with changing circumstances and business requirements as the company evolves
• Proven experience in all aspects of shoot direction and production, including commissioning, negotiating rates, booking creative teams, directing photography and/or video, storyboarding, image comping, casting, location sourcing and overseeing post-production such as grade, retouching or editing, audio, legal, re-versioning assets etc
• Previous experience with retail e-commerce shoots highly beneficial
• Highly organised and able to produce shoots from start to finish
• Ability to take direction from senior team members and to work in a collaborative manner
• A minimum of 3 years of creative industry experience, preferably in the luxury sector
How to apply
Please send CV, Portfolio and short cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line